AFC Bournemouth v Sheffield United

Why did we boo Mousset?

Agree. Uncalled for. Also, wondering why singing "You dirty northern b×stxxds" is necessary either. May just be viewed as banter but it's discriminatory. Also, ridiculous as some of our fans and players are northerners.

Agree. Uncalled for. Also, wondering why singing "You dirty northern b×stxxds" is necessary either. May just be viewed as banter but it's discriminatory. Also, ridiculous as some of our fans and players are northerners.

Discriminatory? Its not that harsh, lol.

I thought our supporters were merely doing a Mooooooooooooooose.......a la Pugh......well they could have been.

Yeah and cheering goals is upsetting for the opposition when you think about it. Everyone should just sit in silence out of politeness.

I was laughing along and then this was pointed out to me by the northerner sat next to me who was less than impressed. Any Northerners on here? What's your take on it?

Think the Sheffield U manager is being a bit of a sore loser. Doesn't he realise Stevens could have got sent off for his tackle on Solanke? He's going to have to get used to disagreeing with ref decisions in the Championship this season because from what I've seen, a lot of the referees are making poor decisions. I thought the ref on Saturday was one of the better ones. It was outside the box, though. Still, he shouldn't keep banging on about it...

Ha
But continued into the box, therefore a Pen!

Have we definitely established that this is the rule? Also, did the foul continue into the box or did Dom just land in the box? I can't remember.

Some of these decisions you win, some you lose.

Last Saturday it favoured us, as the most important stat shows, 2-1.

I'm just thinking about the feelings of the guy next to me. Made me think is all... Is it the kind of thing we would say at work? Would we say it to our best mates/family from up north? Probably not and there is a reason for that. Making disparaging comments about people related to where they come from is regarded as a form of discrimination. May not feel like it to us but clearly the guy next to me was not impressed at all.

I'm just thinking about the feelings of the guy next to me. Made me think is all... Is it the kind of thing we would say at work? Would we say it to our best mates/family from up north? Probably not and there is a reason for that. Making disparaging comments about people related to where they come from is regarded as a form of discrimination. May not feel like it to us but clearly the guy next to me was not impressed at all.

I think it really depends on what your “audience” is. Just like comedy.

You wouldn’t send Mr Tumble to perform to a stag do, just like you wouldn’t send Frankie Boyle to a 5-year-olds birthday party.

Most people expect a certain “level” of banter which changes down the years. The things your heard 10 years ago, you (in the main) won’t hear in a stadium now. In another 10, maybe some regional banter will also be abolished.

As it is, I don’t think many adults in a football stadium would be offended by the two northern and southern comments referenced.

It's to sow seeds of discontent in the opposition, some are Northern, some Southern, some from North or South of different countries, it must lead to a lot of heated discussions on the charabanc back up North : )

If this sort of thing upsets people on the pitch, there's a rabbit mascot in Peterborough that probably needs therapy, after the advice he was given about were to place his carrot about his person : )

I think it really depends on what your “audience” is. Just like comedy.

You wouldn’t send Mr Tumble to perform to a stag do, just like you wouldn’t send Frankie Boyle to a 5-year-olds birthday party.

Most people expect a certain “level” of banter which changes down the years. The things your heard 10 years ago, you (in the main) won’t hear in a stadium now. In another 10, maybe some regional banter will also be abolished.

As it is, I don’t think many adults in a football stadium would be offended by the two northern and southern comments referenced.

I got told off once for singing "Same old Germans. Always cheating". Similar thing I guess.

Probably has bigger problems if getting upset over something like that in a football stadium...

Like someone else said, northern sides sometimes sing/shout stuff about being southern fairies/softies. Would be water off a ducks back to most at a football game I'd have thought.

Dirty - check - they’ve just assaulted one of our players
Northern - check - geography
B*stards - check - see “dirty” above

;