AFC Bournemouth v Southampton

I hate it when they base games on

Dont you just hate it when they base games on just goals alone.

I'm going to start a new league up.
if you read the post it was about who played better, you can outplay a team and still lose, how many times do we see that, I don't think saints were good value for the win but I think they could of kicked it up a gear but they didnt, so i stand by post that we outplayed them

I dont think we did mate.

They look like a half decent outfit with some quality players.

We should have signed Ings, and we could have.

But we were still paying for Ibe.

They were clinical and could have done us 0-3 easy if Ings was on the end of the chances we created.

Wilson has been the biggest disappointment for me.

Looks League 1 quality.

They were clinical and could have done us 0-3 easy if Ings was on the end of the chances we created.

Looks League 1 quality.
agree re wilson and I wasnt saying they were not good, if they really went for it they would of destroyed us but 2-0 flattered them alot based on todays game like I said they easily had another gear to move up to, where as we were in top gear, they defended as a unit and needed to but we played well though them in the wings

[
its all on opinions I thought we did and so did 2 saints fans I was sat with, unless your basing it on goals alone then yeah they outplayed us
To be fair didn't Ramsdale get man of The match? By no means were we the better team today, we mainly just kicked and chased it and tried hit and hopes into the penalty area. Southampton were far better on the ball and looked dangerous.

[

To be fair didn't Ramsdale get man of The match? By no means were we the better team today, we mainly just kicked and chased it and tried hit and hopes into the penalty area. Southampton were far better on the ball and looked dangerous.

Ramsdale did get MOM from Glenn Hoddle and thoroughly deserved it.

When we ‘scored’, did you see the :grinning: and celebrations by Ramsdale?

He did his job today 100%.

Looks League 1 quality.

I think josh king deserves as much flak as Callum. Really underwhelmed with him of late.

I think josh king deserves as much flak as Callum. Really underwhelmed with him of late.
King is what I’d call a selfish player rather than a lazy player. He’ll often go on lung busting runs buts it’s often to make himself look good rather than to help the team. Simply getting his head up and passing it would be far more beneficial.

There have of course been occasions when he’s been downright lazy too!

King is what I’d call a selfish player rather than a lazy player. He’ll often go on lung busting runs buts it’s often to make himself look good rather than to help the team. Simply getting his head up and passing it would be far more beneficial.

There have of course been occasions when he’s been downright lazy too!

its frustrating watching josh and Callum play now - prefer to see the endeavour of solanke snd surridge at Everton

Overall it was the tight game I thought it was going to be. I expected the game to be decided by a single goal and right up until the final seconds that was what we got. We had our chances but were once again wasteful. We turned up, we fought, we had our moments and generally looked pretty solid. Throughout the game the ball rarely fell for us. If a loose ball ( and there were plenty ) COULD go to a Southampton player it generally did. That we'd need about six chances to convert a single one was, based on recent form, to be expected. If we had somehow bundled one in to make it 1-1 I think we would have rallied to win the game 2-1. But we didn't get the goal and we just kept slogging away until the game was over. In any other situation that would have been another decent team performance, a narrow defeat to an in form team, so no complaints from me.

Fortunately I suspected right away that Callum was offside in the build-up to our "goal" so did not let out the slightest cheer when Surridge put it in the net. I really am now at the point where I celebrate our goals when the ref puts the ball in the centre circle to restart the game. Bloody travesty ! That can be up to five minutes after the event FFS. Tragic but that's what VAR does to you ! Will not miss VAR one bit when we go down.

:utc:

Overall it was the tight game I thought it was going to be. I expected the game to be decided by a single goal and right up until the final seconds that was what we got. We had our chances but were once again wasteful. We turned up, we fought, we had our moments and generally looked pretty solid. Throughout the game the ball rarely fell for us. If a loose ball ( and there were plenty ) COULD go to a Southampton player it generally did. That we'd need about six chances to convert a single one was, based on recent form, to be expected. If we had somehow bundled one in to make it 1-1 I think we would have rallied to win the game 2-1. But we didn't get the goal and we just kept slogging away until the game was over. In any other situation that would have been another decent team performance, a narrow defeat to an in form team, so no complaints from me.

Fortunately I suspected right away that Callum was offside in the build-up to our "goal" so did not let out the slightest cheer when Surridge put it in the net. I really am now at the point where I celebrate our goals when the ref puts the ball in the centre circle to restart the game. Bloody travesty ! That can be up to five minutes after the event FFS. Tragic but that's what VAR does to you ! Will not miss VAR one bit when we go down.

Agree we were unlucky with the balls that dropped in the area, so many 50-50 balls that we couldn't get on the end of.

My wife jumped out of her chair when Surridge " scored ". I told her to wait for VAR and she looked at me in disbelief and said " what ? And this is what you have to wait for after every goal ? That's stupid ! " You've got it love.

;