AFC Bournemouth v Southampton

Agree - why we let them get an early foothold when they were going into this game with a manager at risk of the chop and his side struggling …
One shot on target , total lack of quality in the final third ….. the one decent low cross in and Dom and Billing both made the same run allowing it to go behind them .
Other than that , nothing .
Our subs made no contribution/ impact at all ….
Stains very average and yet we never came close .
And again Nick, don't diss Dembele.

Just bought a blender, so will update you, thinking of making home made carrot and potato soup, then steak and kidney pie with a lemon merinque for dessert for the next evening kick off. Maybe even open the Calvados if the game gets boring like tonight
Anyway I will let you know.

Along with the updates can we have pictures and then a final analysis by those who ate your meals

First time in DC for a while and genuinely surprised how quiet it was throughout, especially for a derby.

Unless we can create a way of getting fans who want to stand/sing together it's only going to get worse. It's a shame because with the small ground and fans close to the pitch we could really create an intimidating atmosphere.
Same for me, first home game for 5 years and I was surprised how quiet we were and how few songs we sang compared to how good our away support usually is. Just reiterates for me the importance of getting a bigger stadium so we can get more of our younger fans watching home games

Same for me, first home game for 5 years and I was surprised how quiet we were and how few songs we sang compared to how good our away support usually is. Just reiterates for me the importance of getting a bigger stadium so we can get more of our younger fans watching home games
Our away support is always better that the home but even saying that last night was the worst home atmosphere for a while, strange as under the lights it's normally better if anything.
Totally agree on the need for a bigger stadium, so many of the more vocal away fans are locked out by the current closed shop.

Strange that Tavenier stayed on the pitch for the full 90 minutes. He was slow at releasing the ball and getting caught, when he did release it it was to a empty space or Saints player, and his set piece deliveries woeful. I would have brought Anthony on for him at half time. Just my opinion if GON reads this.

Looking at the BBC stats for last night’s game.

Again Ryan Christie had the highest marks, that is the third game in a row, he was our only player to get 6, he had 6.5.

But this time he wasn’t MOM, it went to Che Adams with 8.14.

Our away support is always better that the home but even saying that last night was the worst home atmosphere for a while, strange as under the lights it's normally better if anything.
Totally agree on the need for a bigger stadium, so many of the more vocal away fans are locked out by the current closed shop.
I think we really need to address this

Watching Saints v Arsenal and in the first 10 minutes Arsenal have done what our side couldn’t, they have opened up the Saints defence time after time and went 0-1 up.

Interesting to see how beleaguered Watford approached 'their Derby' with Luton...Passion with chips and salad !

Whoooompeta ! ..4-0...Luton didn't even smell the grass !

Not through a hissy fit or poor result reaction but , and I thank him for what he has done so far as to taking over the reins, GO is not the man for the permanent position. Tonight was a display of management shambles. Out thought by Hassenhufl and outplayed by arguably the least gifted team I have watched so far this season. Games like this should bring the best out of players who should be charged up by the manager. Oh no, not tonight. Slow, slow slow, deep, deep , deep, positional befuddlement, dreadful set pieces and bewildering substitutions. On to West 'ayymm' and hopefully an improvement .

You can blame O'Neil for poor free kicks, corners that don't beat the first man and attempts at goal from a dead ball sailing 10 foot over the cross bar.

Lewis Cook I don't think has scored a PL goal despite having played in it for a number of years.

Cook is the most overrated player we have.

I just don't see what he brings to the team at all.

And at his age, he certainly doesn't have any upside to get better.

;