AFC Bournemouth v Swansea City - Fourth Round FA Cup

Lewis Cook motm for me
Either him or Ryan Christie for me. Mind you, those two assists from Brooks were special and his goal was well taken (at least in comparison to his effort on Sunday) so it's not one of those games where I was left scratching my head over the MOTM choice.

Cook and Christie both had good games tonight as mentioned above.

Was surprised when they said Brooks MOM, but as mentioned above seeing his two assists again plus the goal Solanke laid on for him in the first half can see why the sponsors voted for him.

Was surprised when they said Brooks MOM, but as mentioned above seeing his two assists again plus the goal Solanke laid on for him in the first half can see why the sponsors voted for him.
Could it gave been his last match for us? Hope not.

He also started the goal that Solanke assisted him on by winning the ball in midfield.

Poor James Hill, hopefully nothing serious.

Great to see Brooks doing what he does, but he needs to show he can do it in the PL, not against Championship sides (harsh but true).

A lethal attacking show, with the scorers and assisters all combining to get 5 goals in 45 mins...... a masterclass of forward play.

Great goal by Kelly, finished brilliantly.

Travers did what he needed to.

Hopefully we get a favourable tie in the next round.

Well done AI and the team.

Does this put the Gary O'Neil debate to bed now?

Last edited:
Need some favourable draws to progress.

That's the beauty of the FA Cup.

Would love to get a nice draw next round and then get in to the last 8.

It's a lottery really.

Just don't want ant PL clubs who are in the top 6......not sure how many of those are left, but the draw can eliminate any team, before a ball is kicked.

We still have 5 or so lower League teams who are still playing......

Favourable draws.

Need some favourable draws to progress.

That's the beauty of the FA Cup.

Would love to get a nice draw next round and then get in to the last 8.

It's a lottery really.

Just don't want ant PL clubs who are in the top 6......not sure how many of those are left, but the draw can eliminate any team, before a ball is kicked.

We still have 5 or so lower League teams who are still playing......

Favourable draws.
Arsenal are out. It's Spurs v Man City and Chelsea v Villa this round. So another 2 big teams will be out.

The Swansea City manager’s comments after the game.

Good to read honest comments and not we had a lot of injuries etc we get sometimes.

“I think the set-up was wrong from the beginning of the game. We were probably too aggressive and trying to be too brave, and we paid the price because we got destroyed on the counter-attack.

“They pressed us incredibly well, so we failed on many fronts in the first half.

“Of course the game is over in 15 minutes, and we tried to stem the flow of the attack and put more bodies behind the ball so we could make more blocks and intercept more key passes, but even that was very difficult and we lost any threat in the second half.

“We were playing against a brilliant side who hold their own in the Premier League. Now we have to concentrate on the league and build the players back up.”

I've not managed to get his working, it never has the football on it.

Do you need Alexa or something?
When there is a full fixture list like sat 3pm Solent are not aloud to broadcast on BBC sounds but usually when there are not like last night they can. Next week's games against West Ham and Forest are both on BBC Sounds I think.

The Swansea City manager’s comments after the game.

Good to read honest comments and not we had a lot of injuries etc we get sometimes.

“I think the set-up was wrong from the beginning of the game. We were probably too aggressive and trying to be too brave, and we paid the price because we got destroyed on the counter-attack.

“They pressed us incredibly well, so we failed on many fronts in the first half.

“Of course the game is over in 15 minutes, and we tried to stem the flow of the attack and put more bodies behind the ball so we could make more blocks and intercept more key passes, but even that was very difficult and we lost any threat in the second half.

“We were playing against a brilliant side who hold their own in the Premier League. Now we have to concentrate on the league and build the players back up.”

At least their fans that would rather lose 5-0 having a go rather than set up defensively solid will have enjoyed the game though, well the first half at least.

;