AFC Bournemouth v Watford

billythekid

UTC Legend
Will We Get Stung Again?

Another 1-2 defeat last night against Cardiff City, that is after the 2-1 defeat against QPR. The Cherries have swapped places with the Bluebirds for the last play-off place at the moment. Our next game will be the second this week in the Championship at Dean Court, the visitors are our ‘old friends’ from Hertfordshire, Watford (the Hornets). The game is again another live game on Sky on Saturday at the earlier time of 12.30 pm.

The last time we played Watford was back in October when their manager was Vladimir Ivic, again in a similar situation to AFCB and Cardiff City they sacked their previous managers during the season. Ivic was replaced by a relative unknown Spanish manager, Francisco Javier Munoz Llompart, known as Xisco, who has little managerial experience. He took on the job in December last year and has had a good start with 8 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats in the Championship. Watford have won their last four games.

In his last games in charge at Vicarage Road since our visit there, Ivic had 4 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat which was against our Wednesday opponents Cardiff City. Away his team won 1, drew 4, lost 2.

Xisco in his away games so far, his team have beaten Stoke City 1-2 and Preston 0-1 and Wednesday night they beat Blackburn Rovers 2-3. Drawn with Millwall and Coventry City 0-0. At Vicarage Road in his first game in charge his side beat Norwich City 1-0. Further home wins were Huddersfield Town 2-0, Barnsley 1-0, Bristol City 6-0 and most recently Derby County 2-1. Lost 1-2 against QPR.

The Hornets last visited Dean Court last season in the Premier League and Watford won 0-3. After 22 games it was the first time Watford had moved out of the bottom three, but as we know by the end of the season both the Cherries, Watford and Norwich City were all relegated in the same order they went up into the Premier League in 2015.

AFCB in home league games against Watford, have W 21, D 20, L 13. In all competitions, AFCB have W 38, D 40, L 40.

AFCB Team News
Jack Stacey, David Brooks and Dominic Solanke all missed the game against Cardiff City through injury. Solanke is on the return to fitness and should be back in training, though this Saturday’s game will probably be too soon.

AFCB Player To Watch
Junior Stanislas was probably our best player on Wednesday night, another player who could be back after being on the bench in the last game is Jack Wilshere, we could do with him showing his skills at the moment.

Watford Team News
They signed three players in the January window. Forward Philip Zinckernagel from Boro Glimt and defender Achraf Lazarus fro Newcastle, both players were free signings. The third was our old midfield player Dan Gosling for an undisclosed fee.

Watford Player To Watch
Ismailia Sarr is always a threat down the wing, has scored 8 goals and 4 assists this season and their young striker Joao Pedro is leading scorer with 9 goals, 3 goals in his last 3 games. If he plays Dan Gosling.

Last edited:
Not sure I can be bothered watch anymore. It’s going to be sunny Saturday, think I’ll aim for a long walk between 12:30-2:30.

Must say I can see where you are coming from, especially after our first half last night. At the end of the game I was really p.......d off.

But after supporting our club for 64 years next month and most of the time not watching good football, I will be switching on to watch Saturday.

Hi Billy, last time we compared notes on long term support together we topped over 125 years, this my 69 year where are you now?
More importantly has there ever been two worst seasons? such hopeless displays from the”best squad” in the championship.I can’t see any real hope for this season .

Hi Billy, last time we compared notes on long term support together we topped over 125 years, this my 69 year where are you now?
More importantly has there ever been two worst seasons? such hopeless displays from the”best squad” in the championship.I can’t see any real hope for this season .

Next month will be 64 years, Mark, so you are 5 years in front of me.

Must say after the club being on a ‘high’ going up through the leagues with Eddie, it has been a bit depressing seeing what has happened now.

Was listening to Tony Pulis last night before the game on the Solent AFCB special. He mentioned that Jonathan Woodgate probably took the manager’s job at the wrong time at Middlesbrough, as the things were on a downward spiral.

Will our club be on an upward or downward spiral under J W at the end of the season?

The one fixture I was really looking forward to....its had the air sucked out now...a bloody friendly to honour our old battler Gosling...

I hope, now he is there..they get promotion and we see him in the PL a few times...
...a few on here cringing at that..Good!
But they have still got Lerma and Danjuma to cream their pants over... laugh....my ears are my ribs !

Last edited:
Three defeats in a row or players earning their keep and going the extra mile to keep up our promotion chase. If it's the former then I think we can realistically forget promotion - our run-in of fixtures is far tougher than our last 12 games. On a positive note we will be in a position to have a clear-out in the summer and rethink our future. Just glad I haven't been able to go to the matches this season - might easily have said far too much on the terraces when players have lethargically passed the ball around when we're losing and time is ticking away fast.

I would give some of the youngsters a go, maybe start Zemura and put Anthony on second half. Ro Ro even
At least you'd think that they'd be highly motivated and would give their all. It really can't do any harm to have that in the team, can it ?
Unfortunately I think it has already become clear that JW is a conservative manager. I don't think he is the man for bold changes which is unfortunate since bold changes are exactly what we need right now. We need to shake things up and get a decent performance from the team one way or another.

The one fixture I was really looking forward to....its had the air sucked out now...a bloody friendly to honour our old battler Gosling...

I hope, now he is there..they get promotion and we see him in the PL a few times...
...a few on here cringing at that..Good!
But they have still got Lerma and Danjuma to cream their pants over... laugh....my ears are my ribs !
I don’t know what’s happened to Danjuma, I realise teams are aware of him now.
just been useless lately.
I still think Lerma is doing ok, I say ok not great.

Three defeats in a row or players earning their keep and going the extra mile to keep up our promotion chase. If it's the former then I think we can realistically forget promotion - our run-in of fixtures is far tougher than our last 12 games. On a positive note we will be in a position to have a clear-out in the summer and rethink our future. Just glad I haven't been able to go to the matches this season - might easily have said far too much on the terraces when players have lethargically passed the ball around when we're losing and time is ticking away fast.

pretty sure Bristol city will do us on Tuesday so make that 4 in a row.

I will struggle to watch the Watford game if gozzo starts for them. He has faults for sure but he was just the sub we needed last night to nick a goal rather than sitting deep in midfield

I started watching Sky Sports News for the Cardiff game. I didn't last until half time and went to bed extra early. I'm getting very disillusioned with the whole club and after 65 years of downs and ups am close to not being bothered any more. I know I'll always be a supporter but I'm struggling to support nothing of any value.

;