AFC Bournemouth v Wolves

We haven’t scored a single goal from open play this season. We need to find some creativity in the last day of the window if we are to compete over the course of the season. We have plenty of grafters but we lack creativity and pace. We have had 8 shots on target this season.

Brooks to come back as well don’t forget. Has Dembele gone?

Brooks to come back as well don’t forget. Has Dembele gone?
Brooks could end up being absolutely key and it’s pretty criminal if the club lets it get to that to be honest because it’s not fair to put our entire creative responsibility on a man who has been recovering from cancer for the last year.

Dembele wasn’t on the bench so I’d assume that he’s gone.

We haven’t scored a single goal from open play this season. We need to find some creativity in the last day of the window if we are to compete over the course of the season. We have plenty of grafters but we lack creativity and pace. We have had 8 shots on target this season.

I'm not sure it was a night to pick holes and make long term predictions. The team / club are suddenly in a massive transitional period and we need to get through it with a few points until the new manager is installed. I'm happy we have the personnel to survive and we've seen how managerial appointments can change teams. It was always going to be a relegation scrap, you need to accept that instead of jumping on every result with overly critical posts.

I'm not sure it was a night to pick holes and make long term predictions. The team / club are suddenly in a massive transitional period and we need to get through it with a few points until the new manager is installed. I'm happy we have the personnel to survive and we've seen how managerial appointments can change teams. It was always going to be a relegation scrap, you need to accept that instead of jumping on every result with overly critical posts.
It’s not overly critical. It’s a very valid observation. We haven’t scored a single goal from open play in 5 games and haven’t looked like doing so. Transitional period or not, we desperately need to recruit in the attacking areas tomorrow.

Very sensible, well said.

Disagree that it helped us defensively, felt we were far more vulnerable with a back three and were very lucky not to concede during this spell.
I think that was our tiredness and we stopped a lot of crosses that before we’re coming in. The closest they came was in the first half Jimenez missed a sitter and someone else Portuguese hit the cross bar. Still all about opinions and both formations arguably worked defensively on the standard evidence!

I hate five at the back, I just could see why we wanted to match their wing backs particularly with Traore.

What is the need for that reaction? He has been recovering from cancer for the last year has he not?! I think it’s a very reasonable comment to make that we shouldn’t be putting too much expectation on his shoulders, he needs to be given time

I think that was our tiredness and we stopped a lot of crosses that before we’re coming in. The closest they came was in the first half Jimenez missed a sitter and someone else Portuguese hit the cross bar. Still all about opinions and both formations arguably worked defensively on the standard evidence!

I hate five at the back, I just could see why we wanted to match their wing backs particularly with Traore.
Don’t remember the Jimenez sitter in the first half. Remember him missing a one v one in the second and then having a header cleared off the line after the switch to the back three. Jimenez also missed a pretty presentable headed opportunity too. Their only real threat in the first was when they hit the bar and that was hardly a chance. But you’re right, all about opinions.

What is the need for that reaction? He has been recovering from cancer for the last year has he not?! I think it’s a very reasonable comment to make that we shouldn’t be putting too much expectation on his shoulders, he needs to be given time

I deleted it. I thought your comment was crass btw. Nothing is being put on his shoulders, he's probably gagging to get back in the first team but no one will have any expectations whatsoever. The support for him from the people you slag off on a daily basis has been nothing short of exceptional.

Only thing to add to most of what’s been said already but I don’t think Dom is going to set the PL alight. I know he’s been crocked for a few weeks and will need to build up so I really hope I’m wrong. He reminded me of the old Dom from a couple of seasons back. Runs a lot, gets into some good positions but no end product. Should really have buried that header in the second half.

Only thing to add to most of what’s been said already but I don’t think Dom is going to set the PL alight. I know he’s been crocked for a few weeks and will need to build up so I really hope I’m wrong. He reminded me of the old Dom from a couple of seasons back. Runs a lot, gets into some good positions but no end product. Should really have buried that header in the second half.
It’s very difficult for a striker to make an impact when he isn’t getting any service. Very hard to judge when he’s feeding off of craps.

I deleted it. I thought your comment was crass btw. Nothing is being put on his shoulders, he's probably gagging to get back in the first team but no one will have any expectations whatsoever. The support for him from the people you slag off on a daily basis has been nothing short of exceptional.
That’s why I’m saying we need to put ourselves in a position where we’re not relying purely on him to be our creative spark. Because right now we don’t have any other players who fit that profile (other than Stan who doesn’t count.)

Havent seen anyone say about any expectation, however, when he is fully fit and back to his best he will be like a new signing.

It’s very difficult for a striker to make an impact when he isn’t getting any service. Very hard to judge when he’s feeding off of craps.
I’d need to see the match again from a different position but from where I was he seemed to have quite a lot of the ball but was easily dispossesed each time. Hopefully just rusty but after watching him for the 2 seasons before last I hope it’s not deja vu.

Havent seen anyone say about any expectation, however, when he is fully fit and back to his best he will be like a new signing.
Given the fact he is our only creative attacking player, there will naturally be a reliance upon him unless we can recruit more. Our other attackers are all graft with little product.

;