AFCB all time Premier League XI

I certainly dabbled with the idea of Zabarnyi over Cook, I think he’s very nearly there.

As for balance of the central midfield, I’m going with artistic licence there and going with peak Arter in those games where he was truly world class.
For me Zabarnyi is already better than Cook and while I thought Arter was great for us at the time he was never world class. For my team I'd go for Boruc, Smith, Zabarnyi, Senesi, Ake, Cook, Christie, Arter, Richie, Wilson & Solanke. But I can easily be persuaded otherwise on alot of those players/positions.

Reactions: DJ
This forum at its best!

And I’ve not even had the row yet with NFC when he picks GON as the manager because Iraola is Spanish and Eddie once had a holiday in Marbella…

Ok best 70’s team

Davies
Machin
Jones
Powell
Miller
Redknapp
Sainty
Mitchinson
Groves
Boyer
MacDougall

Best 80’s team

Peyton
Newson
Teale
Williams
Heffernan
Cooke
Bishop
Pulis
O’Connor
Blissett
Aylott

Best 90’s team

Andrews
Young
Cox
Howe
Vincent
Elliott
Peacock
Parkinson
Wood
Jones
Ekoku

Still not ready to commit with my team . The main struggle is with the partnerships . No Ritchie without Franno , or Pugh without Daniels . Also can’t stick Arter in with Jeff , they would probably hack each other down and both get sent off .

Still not ready to commit with my team . The main struggle is with the partnerships . No Ritchie without Franno , or Pugh without Daniels . Also can’t stick Arter in with Jeff , they would probably hack each other down and both get sent off .
You wouldn’t want to be a dainty play maker skipping throign

Talking of After anyone know why he was sat next to Franno the other night?.....just a social visit or has Franno taken a leaf out of Hughes book and found a role for him?

Difficult one, isn't it. So many variables. I think you can only have Daniels if you have Pugh and only have Fraser if you have Wilson and, for me, maybe only have Wilson if you have Fraser because his PL career with us was so badly affected by injuries. Also the quality of the opposition matters, in EH's spell that included Sunderland, Middlesboro, West Bom, Stoke and Norwich whilst this season there's only Burnley and Sheffield that're really low on talent. But I'd go with
Ramsdale,
Smith, Zabarnyi, Ake, Daniels,
Lerma, Billing, Cook
Semenyo, Solanke/King, Pugh.
The trouble is serious injuries affected Brooks, Wilson and Stanislas who're all probably better players than some I've picked but didn't have the chance to show it in the PL often enough.

.......................Boruc

Francis......Cook.....Ake.......Daniels

Ritchie......Arter.....Lerma.....Pugh

...............Wilson....Solanke

Boruc

Smith......Zabarnyi.....Ake.......Daniels

Fraser......Surman.....Wilshere.....Stanislas

King

Wilson

Tough one this. Didn't want to leave out Callum Wilson, but I think Solanke has become better than Cal was for us.

.....................Rambo
Franno.....Zabs.....Ake.....Daniels
..............Lerma.....Christie
.......Brooks.....King.....Pugh
......................Solanke

Was looking through the stats, and the midfielder with most appearances in the PL for us is Dan Gosling. Not sure many would put him in a "greatest" team but got a few goals including that one at Chelsea, so maybe a place on the bench?

Ok best 70’s team

Davies
Machin
Jones
Powell
Miller
Redknapp
Sainty
Mitchinson
Groves
Boyer
MacDougall

Best 80’s team

Peyton
Newson
Teale
Williams
Heffernan
Cooke
Bishop
Pulis
O’Connor
Blissett
Aylott

Best 90’s team

Andrews
Young
Cox
Howe
Vincent
Elliott
Peacock
Parkinson
Wood
Jones
Ekoku
Know slightly off topic but got me thinking if anyone missing I would put in my 80's team as agree with alot of team above:
Peyton
Newson
Willo
Teale
Morrell
Cooke
Odriscoll
Bishop
O'connor
Blissett
Colin Clarke

;