AFCB - Cashless Payments 2021-22

billythekid

UTC Legend
In light of the ongoing Covid-19 situation, AFC Bournemouth have made the decision to go cashless in the concourses at Vitality Stadium from the start of the 2021/22 season.

A cashless environment provides many benefits including additional customer and staff safety and security, increased hygiene, as well as shorter wait times.

The cashless payment method comes into effect from the pre-season friendly with Chelsea on Tuesday, and will then be in use across the season, the Cherries taking on MK Dons in the Carabao Cup on Saturday 31st July before the Championship season kicks-off against West Brom six days later.

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/hospitality-events/cashless-concourse-payments-in-2122/

It’s moving with the times. Who wants to take a wallet with coins and notes in to the football anyway? Everyone has a debit or credit card and/or a smart phone with payment option on it.

Sensible move, much quicker and safer.

I’m pretty sure that at plenty of away games pre-Covid they were already cashless.
This is true, I prefer to pay with cash and often wouldn’t even take my card. I was not able to pay because of this and had to change my ways unfortunately. I didn’t like it but it’s the way society is heading so we just have to get on with it I’m afraid!

Went to watch Dorchester v Christchurch last week could only pay on the gate if you had the exact money.....otherwise card payment

We'll, it's their choice and it's also my choice not to spend a single penny , on my card of course, on the concourse or anywhere at the club where they won't accept cash. The club obviously not brave enough to try and let people get back to normal and have decided to take the easy route in case it causes upset amongst a minority.
The same in my local Tesco where of 22 checkouts ,18 are card only with p1ss poor signage that you can't see until you actually unloaded on to the conveyor. After a brief chat with the store manager explaining that as far as I am aware Great British Pound notes and coins are still actually legal tender in this country until his store recognizes this he can stick his store up his jacksie! Won't bother him of course but made me feel better.

We're heading to cashless and managing money when it's not physically in your hands is more challenging, hence the drive for it. We spend more. Imo it's important for kids to have cards early so they can learn how to deal with it and stick to budgets.

;