AFCB email email

thegazzyb

Fans' Favourite
I have just received an email from the club which allows me to set my preferences for which type of emails I wish to receive. I am mentioning this because it appears as though the club has listened. There was previously some concern on here about the possibility of being "spammed" with too many "club communications". So now we get to decide how much crap they can send us. Result !

Fortunately, I hadn't checked the box to not receive emails telling me about my options for not receiving emails and this particular email arrived and was acted upon.

Cheers !
giving back control of your Inbox :utc:

Last edited:
I guess that we all received the same e-mail. Did someone from the club see the previous discussion and act upon it?

There wasn't an option to stop receiving multiple e-mails on the same subject, though.

For example, I received e-mails at each points drop for Liverpool, despite that I bought purchased three minutes after the tickets first came on line.
Another example would be how many e-mails I received about tickets for the Atalanta and Lorient matches. I lost count. This was of zero interest to me as i couldn't attend. There comes a point where you consider the option to "unsubscribe all."

It's a good move, but suspect it's more on the back of damage to the list that I previously mentioned would happen than due to the discussion here.

I guess that we all received the same e-mail. Did someone from the club see the previous discussion and act upon it?

There wasn't an option to stop receiving multiple e-mails on the same subject, though.

For example, I received e-mails at each points drop for Liverpool, despite that I bought purchased three minutes after the tickets first came on line.
Another example would be how many e-mails I received about tickets for the Atalanta and Lorient matches. I lost count. This was of zero interest to me as i couldn't attend. There comes a point where you consider the option to "unsubscribe all."
Yes, I did think that the options offered were a bit limited but I suppose they didn't want to overcomplicate matters.

For the mails you mentioned a nice option would be a link in THAT mail which says 'Please send me no further communications for this match'.
Hopefully they'll improve the opt out options over time but I can understand the need to try to keep things simple, at least at the beginning.

But it's a start. I think there were two types of mail I wasn't interested in and I was able to opt out of those at least.

I got it as well. Is there any significance (probably not) that none of us are located in the UK? (quite a dandy little international group, though).

Yes, I did think that the options offered were a bit limited but I suppose they didn't want to overcomplicate matters.

For the mails you mentioned a nice option would be a link in THAT mail which says 'Please send me no further communications for this match'.
Hopefully they'll improve the opt out options over time but I can understand the need to try to keep things simple, at least at the beginning.

But it's a start. I think there were two types of mail I wasn't interested in and I was able to opt out of those at least.

The new regime seemed to start out with the blunderbuss approach to marketing - send everything to everyone. This is the idea that if you throw enough shít, some of it will stick.

With the simple tools available, they should be able to target much better. There is no excuse for bombarding folks with e-mails for products (e.g. match tickets) that they have already bought.

;