AFCB fans you meet unexpectedly.

redharry

UTC Legend
So there I was last week sitting in the Pensacola Bay Brewery taproom in Florida enjoying a pint when a guy strikes up a conversation about the World Cup. After debating England and the US he asks who I support back home - AFCB I answer. He looks astonished and says so do I. He then proceeds to get his phone out and show me photos of him with Adam Smith and Simon Francis at training a short while back. Apparently he had asked to meet a couple of players when he was over and Jeff Mostyn arranged it. As you can imagine a few beers and good conversation followed to make a great evening. All the best Aaron if you read this.
I can't imagine that happening in the Benson era.....................................

Cool.

Not as exotic, but was running to Leighton Buzzard station with the latest black away top on - and an old guy stopped me and looked at my top and said 'Hey your strap is covering our badge up!'

So got chatting, his name was Tom and lived up here for nearly 40 years.

That's 4 AFCB fans from LB. Best supported club in town!

(Apart from Leighton Town, the big 6, all the bigger London clubs, Watford, Luton and MK Dons. Oh and probably Villa and Newcastle too ;))

Cool.

Not as exotic, but was running to Leighton Buzzard station with the latest black away top on - and an old guy stopped me and looked at my top and said 'Hey your strap is covering our badge up!'

So got chatting, his name was Tom and lived up here for nearly 40 years.

That's 4 AFCB fans from LB. Best supported club in town!

(Apart from Leighton Town, the big 6, all the bigger London clubs, Watford, Luton and MK Dons. Oh and probably Villa and Newcastle too ;))
Are they all 19 and mad?

'After hours' bar in Bangkok around 2002-4ish. Quite bizarre as clubs closed at 2am, legally, but cab drivers would take you to 'speakeasy' type places if you wanted to carry on.

Great laugh tbh, can be nice meeting people from UK when abroad in far flung, exotic places and in tiny minority, even better when its a fellow AFCB fan getting smashed in places like that :D. Good times.

Bit different, but on same trip met some lads from Bristol, all City fans. Got on one particular well, talking about lower league football, football manager (of all things) whilst getting wrecked at the full moon party warmup on a beach at Koh Phangan, drinking those buckets of vodka and the flat, extremely potent version of redbull they allow to sell in Thailand.... Still in touch to this day and meet up every few years for a night out.

No idea who but said hello to a chap in afcb tracksuit at Center Parcs earlier today.

Back home now, no snow.

Have you been to others mate? Starting to consider Center (Centre) Parcs for my daughter as she approaches 7... Wondering which one is best??

We drove past it when visiting Longleat Safari in the summer... did you go there on this trip? Perfect summers day, saw all the animals. Memories...

Have you been to others mate? Starting to consider Center (Centre) Parcs for my daughter as she approaches 7... Wondering which one is best??

We drove past it when visiting Longleat Safari in the summer... did you go there on this trip? Perfect summers day, saw all the animals. Memories...
Been to Woburn, which I prefer, but I'm outnumbered so Longleat it was!

There was a 'Willy Wonka' light show at Longleat on Friday evening which was fantastic! We also did the Santa train ride for, er, Kingsley! Went on to Center Parcs after that. Either are pretty good.

There was a 'Willy Wonka' light show at Longleat on Friday evening which was fantastic! We also did the Santa train ride for, er, Kingsley! Went on to Center Parcs after that. Either are pretty good.
If you go on the January Transfers thread, you'll see some Willy Wonking.

Always found the light show at Longleat really good. Another one that is excellent is Blenheim Palace- not so much story telling but an amazing display and not too far.

Have you ever tried Forest Lodge holidays Rob? They do accessible (Silver Birch) cabins, each fully ramped and with their own hot tubs with hoists- took my daughter to one in Norfolk this year, though there are several sites including one near Winchester. Sitting in a hot tub under the stars is pretty cool!

Always found the light show at Longleat really good. Another one that is excellent is Blenheim Palace- not so much story telling but an amazing display and not too far.

Have you ever tried Forest Lodge holidays Rob? They do accessible (Silver Birch) cabins, each fully ramped and with their own hot tubs with hoists- took my daughter to one in Norfolk this year, though there are several sites including one near Winchester. Sitting in a hot tub under the stars is pretty cool!
Our daughter uncovered the Winchester Lodge not so long ago. Will definitely be checking that out!

I'll second the Blenheim one, very impressive. There is more storytelling in the rooms of the Palace itself, this year's theme is the story of the Snow Queen, all very Christmassy if that's your thing. There's also a Christmas market and a fair for the kids/ grandkids.

'After hours' bar in Bangkok around 2002-4ish. Quite bizarre as clubs closed at 2am, legally, but cab drivers would take you to 'speakeasy' type places if you wanted to carry on.

Great laugh tbh, can be nice meeting people from UK when abroad in far flung, exotic places and in tiny minority, even better when its a fellow AFCB fan getting smashed in places like that :D. Good times.

Bit different, but on same trip met some lads from Bristol, all City fans. Got on one particular well, talking about lower league football, football manager (of all things) whilst getting wrecked at the full moon party warmup on a beach at Koh Phangan, drinking those buckets of vodka and the flat, extremely potent version of redbull they allow to sell in Thailand.... Still in touch to this day and meet up every few years for a night out.

Met a few Shrewsbury fans in May 2003 on a stag do in Prague - that free weekend after Carlisle away and the Bury play off away match and before Cardiff.

They were a bit screwed on Absinthe (it was a bit of a new thing then wasn't it!) and we went to a bar and discussed lots of footie. We has just beaten them 1-0, it was our first home match on bank holiday since Leeds 1990. Scott MacDonald scored for us. Got a leeeedle bit drunk ;)

Went to Center parcs Longleat this last summer. With a 7 year old you won't be able to have anything but a fantastic time.
We did the boats on the lake , high ropes challenge and loads of great walks. Lodge is great for 3 days and 3 days was about right for us.
The best thing is being a big kid again and chucking yourself down the water slides and rapids. Expensive but a one off with the kids, great memories.

Met a fellow Cherries supporter a few years back in The Green Man in Wellington NZ after work. I'd had a few but sure he said his old fella was something to do with public address at ground.
My black/gold away top may have given it away to him.

Holidayed in Cuba a few times and one day in Trinidad there was walking past a restaurant the guy on the door noticed my AFCB shirt and asked who they were. He preceeded to get an atlas and asked me to point out where in the uk Bournemouth was and said he would adopt them as his English team, we were Championship at the time,
Next day I stopped by and gave him my shirt..this was the start of a friendship over the miles. He had two sons John and Jonathon and I sent them shirts too later.
A few year ago Eddie Howe sent him a letter and a signed shirt from the club for being Cubas only AFCB fan which he treasures to this day.

;