AFCB Podcast - Matt Wells

thegazzyb

Fans' Favourite
Just listening to the AFCB podcast interviewing Matt Wells.

He sounds like a very intelligent guy. Also gives an interesting insight into Scott Parker and the rest of the team they have brought to join us. I must admit, it all sounds very well thought through and very professional.

If you're interested to know what Scott Parker and his crew are all about before a ball has been kicked, well worth a listen !

We(/they) can do all the Cackle....but at the end of any day..its about how many we score..and how many we concedes!
Don't matter a f√ck about ought else...shirt numbers...Sweet C....Crackling Rose... con bloody tracts....inter bloody views...manager traits. whatever..
..its about sending 11 hairy dudes onto a pitch..and they does their jobs - what they gits paid for...you can truss it up in any Fancy Dan ropework...but end of ..its end of.....goals for...and goals against!
Simple Game of Ball !

listened to the interview, & it can only fill you with confidence listening to him. a lot of good things to hear, showing we are working intelligently, positively & hard. a million miles from footy dinosaurs like old_cherry. looking forward to the season now.

:utc:

We(/they) can do all the Cackle....but at the end of any day..its about how many we score..and how many we concedes!
Don't matter a f√ck about ought else...shirt numbers...Sweet C....Crackling Rose... con bloody tracts....inter bloody views...manager traits. whatever..
..its about sending 11 hairy dudes onto a pitch..and they does their jobs - what they gits paid for...you can truss it up in any Fancy Dan ropework...but end of ..its end of.....goals for...and goals against!
Simple Game of Ball !

It’s a podcast. If you don’t like it it’s not compulsory listening

Simple Game of Ball !
Thought it was about the number of passes?

Very interesting to hear him, changed from playing to coaching at a very early age in his career.

With everything in life and different jobs, theory is good, but at the end of the day it is getting the best out of those theories. and getting the best results putting them into practice.

Be good to see how it all works out over the season.

It was a very interesting listen. It has certainly whetted my appetite for the season ahead. Thoroughly recommended.

BTW the first couple of minutes give the impression that it is going to be the usual football cliches, so do persist.

Last edited:
Blimey, he does know he's joined Bournemouth not back at Tottenham!! Good luck to them all. Players could be having some 'fun'! o_O

I like the sound of the way that Parker and his team works, it's a very modern sense of leadership. You can understand why he likes his team so much.

Howe was an immense leader and manager but if he had a weakness it was that he was too central to every aspect of the business and overcommitted himself.

Managed to catch-up and listen to this.

The whole gist of Parker and gang having this preset system, methodology, way that they do everything, which they've picked up and plonked down here. Which this group of staff are all well versed in, but which will take a bit of time to implement with a new set of players, and it is a new direction away from what's gone before.

It reinforces my view that with Parker, the club have made a divisive move towards a particular plan and project. They've put a lot of eggs in this basket. Whether this plan works or not I haven't a clue, but at least there is a plan. It might take time to bed in as well, but AFCB's chips have gone 'all in' on this working.

The whole gist of Parker and gang having this preset system, methodology, way that they do everything, which they've picked up and plonked down here. Which this group of staff are all well versed in, but which will take a bit of time to implement with a new set of players, and it is a new direction away from what's gone before.

It reinforces my view that with Parker, the club have made a divisive move towards a particular plan and project. They've put a lot of eggs in this basket. Whether this plan works or not I haven't a clue, but at least there is a plan. It might take time to bed in as well, but AFCB's chips have gone 'all in' on this working.

That's a really interesting interpretation.

I wouldn't consider the change in management team having an especially long period of transition vs a simple managerial change and the alternative of having a manager carousel isn't very appealing to me.

It's definitely a risk but I personally consider having a relatively stable mid term plan is a better footballing strategy.

I hope I don't regret giving the board credit for taking a bold step.

Last edited:

Two letters that can change everything - presumably you meant decisive, not divisive!

That's a really interesting interpretation.

I wouldn't consider the change in management team having an especially long period of transition vs a simple managerial change and the alternative of having a manager carousel isn't very appealing to me.

It's definitely a risk but I personally consider having a relatively stable mid term plan is a better footballing strategy.

I hope I regret giving the board credit for taking a bold step.
Did you mean "don't regret"?

;