AFCB squad ahead of 2020 season restart

About the only one of them I could see there being any possibility of actually losing should we wish to offer the extension for the rest of the season will be Fraser. Who knows what will happen with him.

If we can’t stay in the with:

Ramsdale

Stacey/Smith
Ake
Cook (injured)/Mepham
Smith/Rico

Brooks
Lerma
Billing
H.Wilson

Wilson
King

Then I would be very surprised, saying that the only real change I’ve made is Brooks and we’ve struggled since October!
Exactly, Brooks apart, that is the side that we have basically failed with this season. Now we've got Brooks and Danjuma fit, we need to drop the two Wilsons and the inconsistent Fraser or we will continue to struggle imo, I just don't see him doing that though!

About the only one of them I could see there being any possibility of actually losing should we wish to offer the extension for the rest of the season will be Fraser. Who knows what will happen with him.

I don't think it's that simple, when a players contract is running out in the summer it's a case of "apply yourself over the course of the season and we'll make a call then" when you're offering just 2 months you're basically telling a player that they're out at the end of the season. That's not going to give you a very motivated player.

Additionally, agents will be in an excellent position to play the situation to their advantage because you're not going to be able to secure and integrate replacements and may even be blocked by the league from doing so.

Watching this pathetic limb towards a disastrous restart is almost sad now.

Aren't out of contract players all being given the opportunity for automatic extensions under current terms until the new season end date, as long as all parties agree? That has been the mooted solution to the situation.

I think we'd be perfectly within our rights to say to each of those players that no contracts will be offered beyond that extension until the end of the season when we know what division we're in and what budget we'll have. If someone wants to get arsey about that then they probably aren't up for the fight anyway.

If Fraser literally doesn't want to show up for the rest of the season (or at least any thing after June 30), then it seems to me it would be foolish to even include him in the first team squad. Even if he agreed to play 2 or 3 games until the end of June, why play someone who you know is leaving in a week or two?
We also have all our options back on the table again (well, OK, not Ibe) so he's not exactly critical at this point.
Given that his underperformances are part of the reason we're sitting in the bottom three, if we don't see him in an AFCB shirt again it won't break my heart.
But I've always liked him and if it were up to me I wish he'd decide to stay and play his heart out.

Aren't out of contract players all being given the opportunity for automatic extensions under current terms until the new season end date, as long as all parties agree? That has been the mooted solution to the situation.

I think we'd be perfectly within our rights to say to each of those players that no contracts will be offered beyond that extension until the end of the season when we know what division we're in and what budget we'll have. If someone wants to get arsey about that then they probably aren't up for the fight anyway.

Of course, we are within our rights to offer a small contract extension on the current terms but equally, players are within their rights to request longer durations or more money and are in a VERY strong position to do so.

If you're on the verge of retirement and you know you're gone at the end of the extension you'd be foolish not to try your luck. I know I would

So this break has been a chance for all managers to assess what has happened so far this season and maybe change things a bit. Out of all the managers who are in the relegation threatened group, I think (hope) Eddie should fare well. I’m sure he will be looking how to turn this whole situation into a positive for the team and getting some extra time on the training ground to work on things other than the next opponent will hopefully have been good.

Ramsdale
Stacey Cook Ake Mepham Smith
Brooks Lerma Danjuma
Wilson King

.....just to be a bit diffferent!

With respect to formations, if I were Eddie I'd focus training on fitness, technical stuff, and interpersonal partnerships, and stick to 4-4-2 and 4-3-3.
At this point, hang goal difference, we need results. I don't think I'd play 5 at the back for the rest of the season.
If we go down, we go down guns blazing.

Agreed. Solid at the back has never been our strength. We've always done better accepting the goals going in as long as we try to attack and score.

It's almost the opposite of Burnley. They have a fantastically solid defence to build from and can soak up lots of pressure when needed. Occasionally they'll thump someone but their game is more about making sure they don't concede. This desire to try and emulate that strong defence has let us down this season as we've carried on conceding but lost our attacking impetus.

Turn it back on it's head and accept we may let in four goals whilst we try to score five.

Seems Billing has picked up a niggle. Let's hope it isn't anything that will hold keep him out of the team.

;