AFCB v Chelsea online?

They are the Euro Champs, so being beated is expected theoretically...even though we are somewhat of a bogey team for them.
Its only a friendly so maybe only the performance is of any relevance.
IMO...any friendly we've ever had in our history has been a waste of time..what's the point....might as well just play your reserves or save money of travelling for both clubs by playing either Poole Town, Saints or Wimborne...even the Poppies.
Especially these days when multi- sub's are used...what the hell can you learn from that...that you have a squad is about it!
And how do we know how serious our players..or Chelsea's ..regard the game !

They are the Euro Champs, so being beated is expected theoretically...even though we are somewhat of a bogey team for them.
Its only a friendly so maybe only the performance is of any relevance.
IMO...any friendly we've ever had in our history has been a waste of time..what's the point....might as well just play your reserves or save money of travelling for both clubs by playing either Poole Town, Saints or Wimborne...even the Poppies.
Especially these days when multi- sub's are used...what the hell can you learn from that...that you have a squad is about it!
And how do we know how serious our players..or Chelsea's ..regard the game !

They are in name euro champs. On the pitch is mostly their creche.

Brooks was good first half.
Kilkenny MOM for me.
ibsen-Rossi looked at fault for both their goals - hopefully he will improve.

Lively second half. Neither team will look anything like that for the opening fixture. Both their goals came from players who were unmarked.

What do we learn? Nothing. Never do from friendlies.

Strange to have so many players absent, as mentioned above. Are some leaving or not in Parker’s plans?

Not sure what the spine of our team will be.

Good to see so many youngsters on the pitch. Not sure how many of them are championship ready.

No cook, cook, Pearson, stanislas, new signing Davis, Anthony
Lerma and danjuma seem to have gone. Hard to judge with all those missing

We have so many senior players not featuring yet, which is putting a lot of weight on Rossi, Killkenny etc. Perhaps injury or lack of fitness or in some cases potential moves. Even if several are likely to jump back in when the proper stuff starts, you'd think they'd need some warm up. Maybe MK Dons will give us a clue.

Decent game.... quality performance's from some of the youngsters..... Kilkenny looked the best player on the pitch yet again...... league 1 will be amazed!...:(

Well, time to work on the pre season preview.
You ain't gonna like it.

Well, I'll get there before you Al.

Some real positives tonight.

Brooks was excellent as were Ibsen Rossi and Kilkenny
Some good interplay, not so much giving the ball away until the last 10-15 minutes.
Press was good
Stacey and Smith ok

Not so good
Kelly makes his usual mistake
Travers, made a couple of good saves, but not ready yet, methinks
Billing and Marcondes go missing a bit
I still think Solanki needs someone upfront with him

Overall I have to say, for a Championship side, I was quite impressed by the team we put out.

:utc:

Well I enjoyed that. I thought there were encouraging signs and the youngsters acquitted themselves really well. There is a noticeable intensity now which is great to see.
Yes, I was happy enough with what I saw. Plenty of effort generally. I think even without all of those big name players, the youngsters will see us have a pretty decent team, with a few experienced heads added to the mix. I'm feeling that the future is bright. I thought Edwards ( the trialist ) is worth a place in the squad. He was all over the pitch, did lots of good stuff, had a decent effort on goal. If he delivers that kind of enthusiasm every game then we really should sign him. Just the sort of attitude we'll need this season and available on a free.
Lots to be positive about and still time to juggle the puzzle pieces before things get serious !
When you hear the commentators saying that Chelsea were getting a very decent workout and that it was a very high tempo and entertaining game, I don't think we have too much to be complaining about.
:utc:

;