AFCB Vacancy : Concession Checker

Winsor Cherry

Star Player
Just advertised on COWS
Approx 2 hours on Matchdays.
Job purpose
To deliver excellent customer service in assisting with supporter entry to the stadium. To ensure the safety and welfare of all spectators regardless of age, gender, religious or other beliefs, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability or the team they support. This will be achieved by making sure a supporter doesn’t enter the stadium with the wrong price type or under someone else’s name.

Main Duties & Responsibilities include :
  • Carry out a strict duty of challenging people for their ID’s if they don’t look like a concession.
  • Be respectable when challenging the supporter so they don’t feel threatened.
  • Be calm if the supporter becomes angered so it doesn’t stimulate the situation.
They also require the individual to be Open and Responsible stating that the employee must continue to listen to our customers and communicate with them to ensure continual improvement. (Perhaps the club should practice what they preach! the transfer window did close time ago)

I assume someone will apply.

Just advertised on COWS
Job purpose
To deliver excellent customer service in assisting with supporter entry to the stadium. To ensure the safety and welfare of all spectators regardless of age, gender, religious or other beliefs, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability or the team they support. This will be achieved by making sure a supporter doesn’t enter the stadium with the wrong price type or under someone else’s name.

• Carry out a strict duty of challenging people for their ID’s if they don’t look like a concession.
  • Be calm if the supporter becomes angered so it doesn’t stimulate the situation.
They also require the individual to be Open and Responsible stating that the employee must continue to listen to our customers and communicate with them to ensure continual improvement. (Perhaps the club should practice what they preach! the transfer window did close time ago)

When one considers the money the clubs get from tv, and the fact that they could still profit playing in an empty stadium (apologies if thats given them ideas), I find this to be a particularly sad move. Yes, there will always be those who try it on, but really??

To ensure the safety and welfare of all spectators This will be achieved by making sure a supporter doesn’t enter the stadium with the wrong price type

I feel much safer knowing that there will be no more middle aged men pretending to be pensioners entering the ground

They certainly need to improve.
At the MK game there was a guy trying to get through the turnstiles, elderly, walking stick, looked like he was crippled up with arthritis and really struggling. He asked if he could get in through a different gate but was refused. It took him ages and he hardly had the strength to push through the gate. No steward helped him, it was left to other supporters to assist the poor bloke. Stewards got a good earful but it didn't seem to bother them.

They certainly need to improve.
At the MK game there was a guy trying to get through the turnstiles, elderly, walking stick, looked like he was crippled up with arthritis and really struggling. He asked if he could get in through a different gate but was refused. It took him ages and he hardly had the strength to push through the gate. No steward helped him, it was left to other supporters to assist the poor bloke. Stewards got a good earful but it didn't seem to bother them.
He was probably sneaking his ticket less wife into the ground under his coat. These pensioners are very clever you know.

When challenging fans, should this person be “respectable” as stated or “respectful”? I would prefer the latter.

Just advertised on COWS
Job purpose

Does the term 'concession' apply both to the elderly and those under 18?

I admit I did snigger when I saw one of our "older" customers just hold her barcode upto the perspex window at the last game. She tried it several times. Life is complicated these days.....

;