AFCB vs Notts Forest

With this cold weather we are about to suffer, I propose we get the stadium safety committee prepared to rule the ground isn’t safe due to ice and postpone the game to later in the season when we have all the squad available. Worked last time…although maybe give them a bit more notice this time !

What the hell happened to the team to go from that second half performance to the lacklustre showing being served up now?
Fredericks and tavernier attacking from deep plus confidence….also forest were far worse than the teams we have played lately. Look at Brentford, who have beaten liverpool and Man City lately

Personally, for Saturday, I'd like to see us recall Gav Kilkenny and get him in the side... Lerma and Kelly hit the bench and we go back to being a bit more forward thinking... I think Saturday is too soon for Outtara...

Obs if Kilkenny isn't a thing (which he wont be) then Lerma steps in and Pearson moves forward...

-------------Neto------------
-Smith - Meps - Senesi - JZ-
----------Pearson -----------
----Kilkenny -- Anthony----
-----Dembele - Billing------
-----------Moore------------

Subs
Lerma
Outtara
Kelly
Christie
Stephens
Travers
???
???
???

Personally, for Saturday, I'd like to see us recall Gav Kilkenny and get him in the side... Lerma and Kelly hit the bench and we go back to being a bit more forward thinking... I think Saturday is too soon for Outtara...

Obs if Kilkenny isn't a thing (which he wont be) then Lerma steps in and Pearson moves forward...

-------------Neto------------
-Smith - Meps - Senesi - JZ-
----------Pearson -----------
----Kilkenny -- Anthony----
-----Dembele - Billing------
-----------Moore------------

Subs
Lerma
Outtara
Kelly
Christie
Stephens
Travers
???
???
???

Man, that midfield looks awful :D. I guess if we have injuries, lack of options, may be forced to, but last resort I hope. Kilkenny and Pearson anchoring the midfield, Dembele out wide??? lol. Worse than we fielded at any point last season, never mind in the PL. Maybe we should bring back Rossi and Jayden Stockley too whilst we're at it...

From memory Lerma and Pearson worked well against Villa as a pair. It would depend on Lerma's mindset and both their fitness of course. If they're a midfield anchor then you need to encourage the full backs to be aggressive.

Man, that midfield looks awful :D. I guess if we have injuries, lack of options, may be forced to, but last resort I hope. Kilkenny and Pearson anchoring the midfield, Dembele out wide??? lol. Worse than we fielded at any point last season, never mind in the PL. Maybe we should bring back Rossi and Jayden Stockley too whilst we're at it...

All about opinions I guess... :) Not sure on your last point as Kilkenny is still our player, and a very good one that went to toe-to-toe with Cook for selection not so long ago...

Pearson can do just the job Lerma does and Dembele sitting behind Moore, with Billing... Isn't this exactly what everyone has been calling for of late...

The current line up, which let's face it is not a million miles for what I've gone for, is not exactly pulling up trees atm...

All about opinions I guess... :) Not sure on your last point as Kilkenny is still our player, and a very good one that went to toe-to-toe with Cook for selection not so long ago...

Pearson can do just the job Lerma does and Dembele sitting behind Moore, with Billing... Isn't this exactly what everyone has been calling for of late...

The current line up, which let's face it is not a million miles for what I've gone for, is not exactly pulling up trees atm...

Not sure he ever went toe to toe with Cook. Perhaps when Cook was returning from injury, but Kilkenny not well rounded enough yet to seriously threaten someone of Cook calibre imo. I think Cook is more than good enough for us, most sides out of top6, but he needs outlets around him... which hopefully we'll have in the next couple of weeks!

I'm really excited by Kilkenny, probably the best player we've had come through our youth system (who is that, probably Jamie Redknapp perhaps?). Seems to have something about him, natural talent, intelligence. Hope it comes to fruition over the next 2 or 3 years...

But yes, assuming no new signings, and current form/predicament, it's not a bad lineup... just far, far from ideal imo if we want to be competitive. If you took Billing out, perhaps Anthony, it looks like a midfield Blackburn or Middlesborough would turn out with...

Not sure he ever went toe to toe with Cook. Perhaps when Cook was returning from injury, but Kilkenny not well rounded enough yet to seriously threaten someone of Cook calibre imo. I think Cook is more than good enough for us, most sides out of top6, but he needs outlets around him... which hopefully we'll have in the next couple of weeks!

I'm really excited by Kilkenny, probably the best player we've had come through our youth system (who is that, probably Jamie Redknapp perhaps?). Seems to have something about him, natural talent, intelligence. Hope it comes to fruition over the next 2 or 3 years...

But yes, assuming no new signings, and current form/predicament, it's not a bad lineup... just far, far from ideal imo if we want to be competitive. If you took Billing out, perhaps Anthony, it looks like a midfield Blackburn or Middlesborough would turn out with...

Yep, I agree that Cook has in the past, shown his qualities and experience outshine that of Kilkenny, but with Cook now out of the picture, I just think it's ridiculous to see Kilkenny sitting on Stoke's bench week in week out and getting approximately zero minutes... I'm not saying he's going to be the next Decaln Rice or anyhting, but we are short on numbers in there that have any inkling of creativity... IMO, Person has more than most think but he's no Jack Wilshire...

Regardless, this spot needs reinforcements, however they come about...

I fully expect us to line up on Saturday exactly the same way we did at Brentford, with Pearson in for Cook...

Kilkenny had a few decent games at the start of last season then tailed off and looked ineffective as opposition sides paid him closer attention. He's not got into a poor Stoke side in the division below and he's only played 20 senior games.... And he's the guy to sort out our problems in the PL?

The caretaker that just steadied the ship and didn't really tinker too much, became the manager with a probable need to try and place his own stamp on the team and tactics etc. etc. ... and it clearly isn't working

funny as GON tinkered a lot at forest with a totally different formation in second half!

I think he is moving the pieces around now to try and get a response while injuries and the virus forced his hand in some games. Brentford away set up very similar to Man Utd

Kilkenny had a few decent games at the start of last season then tailed off and looked ineffective as opposition sides paid him closer attention. He's not got into a poor Stoke side in the division below and he's only played 20 senior games.... And he's the guy to sort out our problems in the PL?
Last season Kilkenny got caught in possession way too many times just outside our pen area. I dread to think what that would translate into in the PL.

I'm not saying he's the guy to sort out all our problems... I'm saying that we are now pretty short on CM options with Cook being injured, leaving us realistically with Lerma and Pearson only. We could do worse than bringing him back and seeing what he's got in his locker having spent half the season away from us...

Re him not getting game time in a poor Stoke side, the Stoke folks I've been talking to cant understand this either as they all felt that when he played for them (Stoke) he looked a step above what they currently are playing with...

Like I said, all about opinions, but using his lack of being picked as a yardstick for his ability/quality, is basically saying that Dembele is not gonna deliver for us either, when we all know he can and should be.. yet he continues to bench warm for us...

I'm not saying he's the guy to sort out all our problems... I'm saying that we are now pretty short on CM options with Cook being injured, leaving us realistically with Lerma and Pearson only. We could do worse than bringing him back and seeing what he's got in his locker having spent half the season away from us...

Re him not getting game time in a poor Stoke side, the Stoke folks I've been talking to cant understand this either as they all felt that when he played for them (Stoke) he looked a step above what they currently are playing with...

Like I said, all about opinions, but using his lack of being picked as a yardstick for his ability/quality, is basically saying that Dembele is not gonna deliver for us either, when we all know he can and should be.. yet he continues to bench warm for us...

I'm using the times I've seen him as a yardstick, which tailed off quite markedly after as strong start. Whether he has the ability is questionable but the fact that he's extremely inexperienced in senior football isn't. We have Rothwell too who hasn't had much chance so far.

;