AFCB's finances

It's very simple really. If the money isn't there at the moment then nothing will happen. Now that Max has bought back full ownership I would expect more funding to come in - whether from Max or a new partner I don't know.
EH seems happy that there is a long term plan for the new stadium. The training ground seems to be progressing with new improved plans. Nothing can happen until the training ground is sorted as it stands on the footprint of the new stadium site.
Improving the squad has had to be the no1 priority and will continue to be so.

Is there anybody anywhere that needs convincing that we need a new ground from a fan's perspective? It is as clear as the nose on your face. Open and shut case. Forgone conclusion. Fait accompli. I can't think of anything AFCB related more obvious and blatant as that fact.

We all convinced each other of the need for it five or six years ago and it has been restated thousands of times since, on hundreds of threads. It is an established fact.

So why do people get so upset when people point out the fairly straightforward reasons it hasn't happened? If all of the people that get angry with others for putting the viability argument across donated a fiver to the cause at least we'd be a bit nearer to the thing actually happening - because one thing is for sure ... stating over and over again that we need a new ground then getting angry with fans who say it needs to be funded gets us absolutely nowhere closer to it actually happening.

Last edited:
So how much of your own money have you pledged to build this stadium?

I'm not a PL football club making hundreds of millions of £'s a year but if I was I'd build the club a Stadium. What a weird point too make, did you not take your meds this morning?

Nimby’s.

Nimbourne's Reds.

Obviously this is a cowards mentality but we can't all be as big and brave as you can we? :grinning:[/QUOTE]

A coward dies a thousand deaths in his mind, I shall die once.

[QUOTE="redharry, post: 290295,
Improving the squad has had to be the no1 priority and will continue to be so.[/QUOTE]

This is what many posters don’t necessarily agree with ...is losing just one of our stars and not spending 20 million to replace them such a pie in the sky idea , am I being completely naive ?

I'm not a PL football club making hundreds of millions of £'s a year but if I was I'd build the club a Stadium. What a weird point too make, did you not take your meds this morning?

Nimbourne's Reds.

Obviously this is a cowards mentality but we can't all be as big and brave as you can we? :grinning:

A coward dies a thousand deaths in his mind, I shall die once.[/QUOTE]

Nimbourne's Reds.

Obviously this is a cowards mentality but we can't all be as big and brave as you can we? :grinning:

What the f**k are you smoking?

You originally came up with the side splitting ‘nimby’ comment.

I also had nothing to do with ‘cowards mentality’ comment,so why you’ve attached it to one of my posts is bewildering.

A coward dies a thousand deaths in his mind, I shall die once.

What the f**k are you smoking?

You originally came up with the side splitting ‘nimby’ comment.

I also had nothing to do with ‘cowards mentality’ comment,so why you’ve attached it to one of my posts is bewildering.[/QUOTE]

Chill out Nimbourne, I attached quote to the wrong person but even still what a freakout over nothing. I bet you drive 2 miles further for petrol that's 2p cheaper than your nearest station and have a neighbourhood watch sign on your front door.

Can you point me towards the current 'stadium only' development plans ?

Last we heard it was going to be in Kings Park. Do you think they could, or let's face it should, build commercial or residential units in the park? I want a ground as much as the next man but you can't build a shopping centre or something in the park.

Last we heard it was going to be in Kings Park. Do you think they could, or let's face it should, build commercial or residential units in the park? I want a ground as much as the next man but you can't build a shopping centre or something in the park.

We have seen previous plans of a hotel development attached to the south stand under Mitchell. You are also assuming the development is solely used for matchday income ? Yet we've had concerts at the current ground and its also used by many companies for conferences.

[QUOTE="redharry, post: 290295,
Improving the squad has had to be the no1 priority and will continue to be so.

This is what many posters don’t necessarily agree with ...is losing just one of our stars and not spending 20 million to replace them such a pie in the sky idea , am I being completely naive ?[/QUOTE]
So we lose Ake and replace him with no one. Wow, that's a great plan,................... see you in the championship.

We have seen previous plans of a hotel development attached to the south stand under Mitchell. You are also assuming the development is solely used for matchday income ? Yet we've had concerts at the current ground and its also used by many companies for conferences.

I can't say I know the precise boundaries of the park but my understanding was that the south stand area for the proposed hotel was outside the boundary, unlike the athletics track where they said they were going to build it. Obviously we would be selling the small bit if land we do own there to part fund the ground but I doubt that adds up to much.

I'm not assuming they won't try and get gigs and use it for conferences but, realisticaly, how much is that going to generate? There's already a regional conference and gig venue in the town (which makes a loss last time I looked) and there's two stadium gig venues up the road in Southampton. Didn't the concerts they had at DC in the past lose money too? You wouldn't pin your hopes on that income.

I did suggest in the other thread that the BIC itself could be redeveloped into a bigger multi-purpose arena but I'm not sure how realistic that is. Wessex Fields could be used for a multi-use scheme but I can't see the Elaine Findlay's of this world allowing much in the park.

It's a **************** situation.

This is what many posters don’t necessarily agree with ...is losing just one of our stars and not spending 20 million to replace them such a pie in the sky idea , am I being completely naive ?
So we lose Ake and replace him with no one. Wow, that's a great plan,................... see you in the championship.[/QUOTE]

Fantastic !!! So the custodians of the club that have been of hitting the mega millions for the last 4 season have left the club in such a perilous situation that if we lose just one senior player without a replacement we’re Championship bound ....ok so we just keep pumping every penny we get into the current playing staff so we can survive another season to once again put every penny into more expensive players than the season before without any thought of the future till the bubble bursts ....see you in the national league South .

So we lose Ake and replace him with no one. Wow, that's a great plan,................... see you in the championship.

Fantastic !!! So the custodians of the club that have been of hitting the mega millions for the last 4 season have left the club in such a perilous situation that if we lose just one senior player without a replacement we’re Championship bound ....ok so we just keep pumping every penny we get into the current playing staff so we can survive another season to once again put every penny into more expensive players than the season before without any thought of the future till the bubble bursts ....see you in the national league South .[/QUOTE]
That was kind of my point earlier. We spend years dreaming about getting here and then when we do we flatline for a few seasons then get relegated. Depressing innit ? No different than another 10 or so clubs I suppose. And most of them have got the big shiny stadiums.

Fantastic !!! So the custodians of the club that have been of hitting the mega millions for the last 4 season have left the club in such a perilous situation that if we lose just one senior player without a replacement we’re Championship bound ....ok so we just keep pumping every penny we get into the current playing staff so we can survive another season to once again put every penny into more expensive players than the season before without any thought of the future till the bubble bursts ....see you in the national league South .[/QUOTE]
I think you are catching on to the reality of it all. Unless Max or whoever finds funds outside of PL money that is where we are

Fantastic !!! So the custodians of the club that have been of hitting the mega millions for the last 4 season have left the club in such a perilous situation that if we lose just one senior player without a replacement we’re Championship bound ....ok so we just keep pumping every penny we get into the current playing staff so we can survive another season to once again put every penny into more expensive players than the season before without any thought of the future till the bubble bursts ....see you in the national league South .
That was kind of my point earlier. We spend years dreaming about getting here and then when we do we flatline for a few seasons then get relegated. Depressing innit ? No different than another 10 or so clubs I suppose. And most of them have got the big shiny stadiums.[/QUOTE]
I am not depressed by it, Who knows where we will be in 5 or 10years. 10 years ago we were dead and buried. 10 years time we could be back in div2 or in Europe in a new stadium. I trust in Max and Eddie simply because they haven't failed us yet and unlike the old receivership days I cant do much about it.

Oh I’ve caught on to the reality mate . We’re going to be paying one of our star players per week the same amount that Moysten did his famous head nod for to keep the club alive .If your happy with that reality that’s fine I’m not being a critic of any of our fans for enjoying the ride but my reality is the PL is an out of control ponzie scheme and at some point the whole thing will come crashing down Wouldn't it be in the clubs long term interest to at least cash in some chips now for the cab fare home ?

I can't say I know the precise boundaries of the park but my understanding was that the south stand area for the proposed hotel was outside the boundary, unlike the athletics track where they said they were going to build it. Obviously we would be selling the small bit if land we do own there to part fund the ground but I doubt that adds up to much.

I'm not assuming they won't try and get gigs and use it for conferences but, realisticaly, how much is that going to generate? There's already a regional conference and gig venue in the town (which makes a loss last time I looked) and there's two stadium gig venues up the road in Southampton. Didn't the concerts they had at DC in the past lose money too? You wouldn't pin your hopes on that income.

I did suggest in the other thread that the BIC itself could be redeveloped into a bigger multi-purpose arena but I'm not sure how realistic that is. Wessex Fields could be used for a multi-use scheme but I can't see the Elaine Findlay's of this world allowing much in the park.

It's a **** situation.

My point was that you said the plans were for a stadium only, with matchday income only. I guess thats an assumption based on location. I was simply pointing out that there are several ways to skin a cat and we have previously seen submitted plans and various other initiatives that exist to increase revenue within the park area that could be incorporated into a new stadium complex.

Oh I’ve caught on to the reality mate . We’re going to be paying one of our star players per week the same amount that Moysten did his famous head nod for to keep the club alive .If your happy with that reality that’s fine I’m not being a critic of any of our fans for enjoying the ride but my reality is the PL is an out of control ponzie scheme and at some point the whole thing will come crashing down Wouldn't it be in the clubs long term interest to at least cash in some chips now for the cab fare home ?

It definitely would be in the club's long term interest, which is why we are all agreed on it being a good idea. Unfortunately, for those that matter, there is no real incentive to do it. At least not enough inventive. I'm still hopeful that Max turns out to be like Tony Bloom - willing to spunk a load of cash he likely won't get back.

;