AFCON 2023

kirsikka

UTC Legend
On next season between Saturday 13 January and Sunday 11 February 2024.

Dango Ouattara (14 caps since his 2021 debut)
Burkina Faso currently top their qualifying group and have qualified for the finals.

Hamed Traorè (5 caps since his 2021 debut)
Hosts so qualified automatically but, bizarrely, also had to play in a qualifying group even though they were already in the finals. Currently second in that group, but you have to wonder how hard they tried.

Antoine Semenyo (8 caps since his 2022 debut)
Ghana currently top their qualifying group with one game to go but can still miss out as two teams can overtake them if they lose their last match.

I'd say there's a very high probability that we'll lose all three to the tournament. Something to bear in mind for the season ahead, and also for any new signings we might be considering.

There will be a mid season break for the PL from Jan 13th to slightly lessen the impact. Guess they're still likely to miss some games upon the return assuming their nations make progress...

There will be a mid season break for the PL from Jan 13th to slightly lessen the impact. Guess they're still likely to miss some games upon the return assuming their nations make progress...

Even more so if they're Muslim.

End up missing nearly 2 months of the season.

Even more so if they're Muslim.

End up missing nearly 2 months of the season.
I’ve heard a decent number of Muslim players make out they are fasting but keep themselves sufficiently fuelled to play football. It’s also March next year so shorter days and less impact so I wouldn’t worry yourself…

So, if you’re an AFCB fan who wants the best for the team, the moral of the story is….?

In fairness, this AFCON was supposed to be last summer. In fact the last 2 have supposed to have been summer but rescheduled, the first due to COVID and last year due to flooding.

;