Ake is on his way

Kenya Cherrie

UTC Legend
I can't see him playing for us next season.
He just keeps putting in top performances week after week and the big clubs will be knocking at our door come the summer.
Enjoy his games for us while you can.
50 million will see him gone.

Actually think Ake has been very average this season bar the odd imperious display. Currently lacking the concentration levels to be a truly top class defender, can get bullied by more physical forwards too. Unpopular opinion I'm sure but there you go!

Certainly not average this season. Much better than that. Took a physical battering yesterday and against Wolves. Got up and got on with it. Beginning to show though irritation with his less talented colleagues. Not a good sign

Actually think Ake has been very average this season bar the odd imperious display. Currently lacking the concentration levels to be a truly top class defender, can get bullied by more physical forwards too. Unpopular opinion I'm sure but there you go!

very harsh!!! sort your own game out first, before coming on here slagging off your team mates ;-)

Certainly not average this season. Much better than that. Took a physical battering yesterday and against Wolves. Got up and got on with it. Beginning to show though irritation with his less talented colleagues. Not a good sign
I think this concentration thing is a bit harsh. He seems to be trying to do 2 or 3 jobs all at once lately. Imagine him in a top six or top European side playing with top class defenders and just concentrating on his own game. The way he has been throwing himself into last ditch challenges lately I can see him picking up a serious injury.

While he is our player we cannot risk any negative talk getting back to him if we are to stand any chance of keeping him!...while he is our player we give maximum support and gratitude for what he has done for us.
Worry about it in the Summer...not during the season! What is to be is to be!

While he is our player we cannot risk any negative talk getting back to him if we are to stand any chance of keeping him!...while he is our player we give maximum support and gratitude for what he has done for us.
Worry about it in the Summer...not during the season! What is to be is to be!
Totally agree. We were very lucky to get him on a permanent deal in the first place and I don't think anyone on this board would feel too aggrieved if he moved up the ladder eventually.

Ake on Saturday was immense but Ake this season has been short of Ake last season. Last summer I thought he was nailed on to leave summer 2019 should he keep his form up. Now I think he'll be staying with us. There's been just enough doubt about him in some games that I don't think anyone will be willing to stump up what it would cost to get him.

Ake on Saturday was immense but Ake this season has been short of Ake last season. Last summer I thought he was nailed on to leave summer 2019 should he keep his form up. Now I think he'll be staying with us. There's been just enough doubt about him in some games that I don't think anyone will be willing to stump up what it would cost to get him.
In some ways the sheer number of goals we concede (not Ake's fault per say) is likely to make any big bidders think twice. As said, Ake hasn't hit the heights of last season, when I also thought he was nailed on to go summer 2019 after a second season of brilliance. But for parts of this season he's been below his high standards.
For any top 6 or so club, looking to splash the 40m we'd want, they may just hesitate. Still very much possible he'll go, but not nailed on.

If Ake does go, we won't be letting Mings go. If Ake stays, we probably sell Mings.

My point is ‘Ake is on his way’ suggests he’s confirmed as leaving. ‘Ake could leave in the summer’ would have been a more common sense title or search for one of the many other topics it’s been spoken about in

Be very careful how you use the English language on here.
It's always twisted to suit.

If Man City bring in another £350 million from whichever oil-rich, dictatorship splashes the cash, then 99% of players in the world are up for sale. Obviously, every player has his price. The only point being is that we can talk about asking £40-50 million for a player these days.

Sorry, non-story, really.

;