Ake

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2438516/chelsea-transfer-news-nathan-ake-bournemouth-permanent-deal/amp/

According to the Sun (so must be true) we'd like Ake on a permanent deal.

Looking at the list of Chelsea players they have a very strong squad and most from abroad.

Ake is 21 and still gaining experience, maybe Chelsea will let him stay until the end of the season to see how he progresses.

Next season they will be in Europe unless something goes drastically wrong, Chelsea may look to bring in more players and Ake may just become available to the right offer, there could be strong opposition for his signature if that was to happen.

Nice little video with Ake
: http://www.thehardtackle.com/multi-media/2016/12/21/bournemouths-on-loan-defender-nathan-ake-credits-advice-from-chelsea-coaches-for-improved-performance-video/

(sorry if already posted)

tucktoncherry - 21/12/2016 00:34

Nice little video with Ake
: http://www.thehardtackle.com/multi-media/2016/12/21/bournemouths-on-loan-defender-nathan-ake-credits-advice-from-chelsea-coaches-for-improved-performance-video/

(sorry if already posted)

Interesting video, thanks for posting.

Ake seems like a great guy, hopefully we sign him permanently.

...Those carollers with Eddie though :hihi:

Think Chelsea would be mad to sell him now. They don't need the money so why risk losing a talented player now before they assess how good he will be. He is talented but needs coaching re defensive positioning and Eddie will do a good job in that respect.

Notice he is out of contract at the end of the season so a January offer may we'll be on the cards. Let's hope it's from us, see him as a midfield player in our line up when Mings is fully match fit and with Surman moving, albeit hopefully slowly, towards the autumn of his career.

Another option to do a deal now to see his contract out and come to us with a big signing on fee, even £4-4 million would be a good deal for us and a nice bit of bunce for him.

If he is out of contract in the summer he would be able to discuss terms in Jan to any foreign club with a view to signing on a free when his contract runs out.

Obviously as he is U-24, as we all know to move to an English club the transfer would be decided by tribunal. From Chelsea's perspective, would they want to hold out for a tribunal and risk losing on a free to a club abroad?

I'd suggest they would be quite open to a reduced fee in Jan, unless of course they offer him a new deal which on reflection is probably quite likely.

Would love to see him in his 'best position' in front of the defence before we sign him.

However, I suspect he's pretty decent there. If I don't see a midfield of Ake, Arter and Wilshere as number 10 before the end of the transfer window... Not really sure how to finish that sentence. For a seemingly clever man Eddie can seem to get things VERY wrong sometimes.

I would think any deal will be done as soon as the window opens. EH will not hang about IF he wants him. If he wants him the 2 clubs will already been in informal discussion and AFCB will know what Akes wage demands will be.

my gut feeling (based on zilch) is that he and his agent will have bigger aspirations than signing for afcb

Probably right wellsworld, but a deal with a release clause at £x million may be on the cards. he is only young and can't see him being a regular in any of the top 6 sides yet.

I can't see tribunal being more than £6million. Chelsea should either be offering contract or toutint him for a fee. I know the market is more inflated now, but Ings was a record at £8million and he was his club's top scorer for several seasons

;