Al Gard RIP.

RIP Al, deepest sympathies to your family. I never met you personally but you had a massive influence on here with your comments and observations.

Pomme de terre!

Only seen the news this morning.

Will be hugely missed. Many try to replicate his style, but all lack the good humour, knowledge, and passion.

Only once did I try to argue with him - a long time ago, and never again!... who knew arguing with a French Farmer could be so infuriating?!

But despite this he would always ensure I had a link to the Solent commentary on match days during my time in exile in the mid 00s. Forever grateful.

RIP Al

Al was mentioned in more than one discussion at Brentford on Saturday.

His style was often combative and blunt but always well-meant. He wasn't always right but Al had all our interests as AFCB supporters at heart. There were times when Al was one of the very few voices willing and able to expose the malarkey going on the behind the scenes that could have ruined the club. We owe him for that.

M. Gard will be missed.
I was wondering what to say Erik but I don’t think I could have put it better myself. I had many ‘spars’ with Al in the past but we were on very good terms in the end - predating his illness - and I’m grateful for that. He will be missed - another true character lost RIP Al, let’s hope you‘re toasting many Cherries wins in the future, with a fine glass of French red and alongside fellow cherries fans and ex shipmates alike.

Never met Al, but felt like I knew him. Always enjoyed his posts, one of the names you would always look out for. Condolences to Al's family and friends..

Stubborn opinionated bugger (who I dreaded getting on the wrong side of in my early years on this MB!), despite the bleak more recent updates I almost expected him to fight his way through to another post season review and then an end of year cheeseboard.

RIP - Toasting you tonight Al as one of the most memorable contributors to this marvellous little corner of the interweb - FACT

;