Alex Fletcher - Bath City

Apparently he was very badly injured in a match last night.

Never nice to hear something like this happening.

Best wishes to him for a speady recovery.

Cor. That’s a while ago. Probably the most memorable moment of the game. Mid Nineties?

2000-2001 pre-season I think rather than the FA Cup game a few years before? My memory isn't quite at statto level but I know it was warm enough to get the train back afterwards and have a barbie.

Amazing that he got away with a headache really, hopefully the lad in this story recovers fully as well.

I remember Marc Pugh getting injured at orient on the water sprinklers, I think also jalal got injured badly there to. Not sure if it was the same game but I was there when both happened

2000-2001 pre-season I think rather than the FA Cup game a few years before? My memory isn't quite at statto level but I know it was warm enough to get the train back afterwards and have a barbie.

Amazing that he got away with a headache really, hopefully the lad in this story recovers fully as well.
That makes more sense than my memory, thanks

I can confirm, it definitely was. Long stoppage for Shwan after a collision with (I think) Tyrell Forbes? Went down at his feet for a tackle and got clattered.

Then Pugh got badly injured on the sprinkler a foot or so beyond the goal line and was out for a number of weeks.

Remember pitches like this?

Alan Connell was also badly injured at Orient, ACL? I seem to recall that he was running off the pitch to collect the ball for a throw-in.

Alan Connell was also badly injured at Orient, ACL? I seem to recall that he was running off the pitch to collect the ball for a throw-in.

Correct. Feel for him, could have perhaps made it at champ level if not for some bad injuries

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/2251055/connell-out-for-campaign

Was it Exeter away he scored that great chip near the start of his career.

Shame about Burton away where someone shouted to him about not getting his contract renewed and he clearly heard. Good response during the game though...

Think Connell started the 'should never have let him go...' comments that were somewhat popular on here back then... :D

Correct. Feel for him, could have perhaps made it at champ level if not for some bad injuries

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/2251055/connell-out-for-campaign

Was it Exeter away he scored that great chip near the start of his career.

Shame about Burton away where someone shouted to him about not getting his contract renewed and he clearly heard. Good response during the game though...

Think Connell started the 'should never have let him go...' comments that were somewhat popular on here back then... :D
Remember Burton like it was yesterday. Connell had the perfect response to the heckler, who was pointed out to him by a load of the travelling support.

;