All our yesterdays...............

Good work! Not that it's your main motivation for owning them, I guess, but wonder if they'd be worth a lot at some stage?

I was the same. Never owned a Sky one. Plus, online started becoming more prevalent around then iirc. Although not the same as owning books, having a gold mine of information at your finger tips, plus up to date almost immediately meant the books become more obsolete.
used to love checking up on clubs. I think AFCB were in one year for both sides never having a corner. Think it was a 0-0 at Darlington.

used to love checking up on clubs. I think AFCB were in one year for both sides never having a corner. Think it was a 0-0 at Darlington.

That's interesting stat. Odds/probability of that happening must off the scale !

Assume it was a very drab match!

As many others, I was there, and the crowd is not much different.

Feels like the last time we beat Crystal Palace at home !!
That was my first full season, I was 10. We got relegated (NOT my fault!) One of the goals v Palace scored by Clive Payne, my first ever favourite player. Another goal that day was scored by Trevor Howard from the penalty spot. I clearly remember another Howard penalty the following season, where he rather over-hit it and his shot came back off the newly-erected wooden boards at the back of the south end. A fore-runner of later 'efforts' into orbit by Karl Broadhurst and Harry Arter!

Used to play a game on the terrace in those day, 6 or 7 of us would put 50p into someone hand on about 40 mins, everytime the ball went out of play, the money would move to the next person, then the £3 odds would go to the last person holding the money when the half-time whistle went. This was repeated on 85mins. Thought this could be revived today but we would have to move the 85mins to 90 odds these days.
So if you were ever on the South End and heard voices shouting" kick the f%$£ing thing out" you now know why.......

I'm SO sorry that one was before I started going to away games.......heaven knows how long the coach (Excelsior? Royal Blue?) would have taken back then

Can you imagine the reaction today if a manager sat in the dugout wearing a fedora and smoking a Montecristo cigar?

Then there was the huge sheepskin coat …. Scott Parker would have to have one with three white bands around the sleeve.

Forgetting all the bad elements of those days, at least there was some characters in the game then.
I think that look would suit Andoni …

Not really. CP was a big club who had dropped down a division so they were the "big"game of the season for most clubs. 10k was good in '74 and the back of the South End was still open.
How many did we take there?
Palace brought a good following if I remember rightly.Always loved getting to the ground and getting excited how many away fans coaches were parked up,happy memories.
What was our away following like in those days?

I went to a 0-0 at Feethams. Denny Mundee missed a penalty. I’m guessing it was early 90’s. My one and only visit to Darlington.
I was dating a monkey hanger at the time, and we were in the northeast for Xmas. Pretty sure it was between Xmas and new year. Could be wrong though.

Used to play a game on the terrace in those day, 6 or 7 of us would put 50p into someone hand on about 40 mins, everytime the ball went out of play, the money would move to the next person, then the £3 odds would go to the last person holding the money when the half-time whistle went. This was repeated on 85mins. Thought this could be revived today but we would have to move the 85mins to 90 odds these days.
So if you were ever on the South End and heard voices shouting" kick the f%$£ing thing out" you now know why.......
Happy days, I'd forgotten about that

Probably because I never won.

How many did we take there?

What was our away following like in those days?

Did Scunthorpe away in the late 70s, maybe 1978?

There were 27 of us on the coach and it was the only supporters coach. I suppose that there must have been one or two northern based Cherries but that was about the norm for northern away days.

We always took a good mob to Aldershot or Reading in those days but anything north of Watford was only for the real hard core.

;