American Football World Cup

USCherry

UTC Legend
I live in Ohio, but I have many friends that are Eagles fans. Apparently rihanna is half time entertainment.

So far this is a good game 14-14. Eagles the favourite, but Chiefs keeping it a close game.

A little disappointed with the ads so far but tbd

PS: I am an Eagles fan too. One of These Nights is a classic.

I support my local team though. I am sure that everyone does, just like those who follow the Oakland, Los Angeles, Oakland again, Las Vegas Raiders

Last edited:
The thing that sums up American football for me is this… I’ve seen this thread, the occasion mention of it on Twitter from people I follow (associated with afcb), I even have friends who are currently in Philadelphia posting on Facebook… lots of mentions that the event is taking place and their genuine enthusiasm for it all… but I have absolutely no idea what the result was or anything that happened in the game.

The thing that sums up American football for me is this… I’ve seen this thread, the occasion mention of it on Twitter from people I follow (associated with afcb), I even have friends who are currently in Philadelphia posting on Facebook… lots of mentions that the event is taking place and their genuine enthusiasm for it all… but I have absolutely no idea what the result was or anything that happened in the game.
I used to sort of have a passing interest in it many years back. But at the end of the day it is a foreign sport played in a foreign land. Good luck to those that follow it but its a bit like getting the yanks interested in the Cricket World Cup final.

I used to sort of have a passing interest in it many years back. But at the end of the day it is a foreign sport played in a foreign land. Good luck to those that follow it but its a bit like getting the yanks interested in the Cricket World Cup final.

Who knows, if this Major League Cricket thing kicks off over the next few years they’ll soon be tuning in to watch themselves lose to Namibia.

Who knows, if this Major League Cricket thing kicks off over the next few years they’ll soon be tuning in to watch themselves lose to Namibia.
Wonder how long the advert breaks between overs will be............................................

Reactions: DJ
Didn't sleep too well last night so caught the last quarter. Brilliant finish, Kansas City kicked the winning field goal in the last seconds to win 38-35 having been six points down in the third quarter

Who on earth is this Rhinanna everybody was going on about last night ?
Sounds like a woman's name - its not a mixed gender sport now is it ?
I listened to the second half commentary on R5, when very tired, so the whole thing confused me to buggery !

Last edited:
Didn't sleep too well last night so caught the last quarter. Brilliant finish, Kansas City kicked the winning field goal in the last seconds to win 38-35 having been six points down in the third quarter

That might explain why the ones in Philadelphia haven’t mentioned it…

Who on earth is this Rhinanna everybody was going on about last night ?
Sounds like a woman's name - its not a mixed gender sport now is it ?
I listened to the second half commentary on R5, when very tired, so the whole thing confused me to buggery !

Actually I think a couple colleges have used a female kicker not sure how well she did or not

;