Andoni Iraola

Bit I don’t get is why have none of his own coaches arrived with him, I know people are saying work permits problems, but not even getting anything in the press

He did bring this guy with him. Fitness coach.

Who else, that’s where Hugh’s and Blake will go to keep the production line of jobs for the boys going

Their jobs are on the line as much as anyone else's. I've always thought Blake would be a gonner either way once Foley gets settled. Hughes has imo done ok with a small recruitment team and I assumed he'd be part of the complete overhaul of recruitment that surely must be part of the multi-club plan. The poor performance of the manager he's hand picked will potentially cost him his job though. I guess it will depend on how many of the squad issues are down to him.

I had that notion after saturday's debacle
not sure he could do any worse

how many points did we have after 10 games in the GE season?

Mel Machin took over on the 1st September after we had lost the first four games and in his first six games we had 4 points.

Before Mel took over the club Willo + others were in temporary charge.

In Mel Machin’s first 10 games we still had 4 points.

Hughes has imo done ok with a small recruitment team and I assumed he'd be part of the complete overhaul of recruitment that surely must be part of the multi-club plan. The poor performance of the manager he's hand picked will potentially cost him his job though. I guess it will depend on how many of the squad issues are down to him.
With AFCB top of the ladder of the multi-club plan it could be that whoever is in charge of recruitment at afcb takes a leading role in that.

With AFCB top of the ladder of the multi-club plan it could be that whoever is in charge of recruitment at afcb takes a leading role in that.

I've not seen any mention of major changes to the set up but you'd think they were working on it. You'd think the modern game would require a sizable team of analysts and scouts. I've no idea how good or bad Hughes is so if they want him to run it them fair enough. Contrary to the current narratives I don't think every player he's signed is crap with or without Howe.

Reactions: DJ
I've not seen any mention of major changes to the set up but you'd think they were working on it. You'd think the modern game would require a sizable team of analysts and scouts. I've no idea how good or bad Hughes is so if they want him to run it them fair enough. Contrary to the current narratives I don't think every player he's signed is crap with or without Howe.

from what i've seen the players are more than capable but many seem to have regressed under the new manager

the new fullbacks look full of skill and energy but largely have little impact on games

from what i've seen the players are more than capable but many seem to have regressed under the new manager

the new fullbacks look full of skill and energy but largely have little impact on games

I certainly think there's a fair criticism of the balance of the squad. He clearly wants plenty of wingers but it is very disappointing to be left so short in defensive midfield and arguably up front. Adams has clearly not gone well, Hughes isn't the medical team though so whether it is all his fault will be down to who advised who and also who made the ultimate decision to put all of our eggs in that basket. How much influence did Foley have in the decision? Ultimately they will know I suppose.

Agree in that they did well in bringing the two full backs in.

Who made the ultimate decision ?

I think we can safely assume that nobody could go ahead and splash £25 million without Bill's agreement. So ultimately the buck stops with him, as he has already confirmed.

But clearly, he looks to his highly-paid directors for advice and recommendations. He may well be re-assessing his options there, if the Adams fiasco is seen as a major failing.

Who made the ultimate decision ?

I think we can safely assume that nobody could go ahead and splash £25 million without Bill's agreement. So ultimately the buck stops with him, as he has already confirmed.

But clearly, he looks to his highly-paid directors for advice and recommendations. He may well be re-assessing his options there, if the Adams fiasco is seen as a major failing.

Well that's the point I'm making though isn't it, who's failing is it? Hughes didn't likely do Adams' medical. What advice did they get from the medical staff. The doctor has been sacked so that may be a clue as to where the blame lies. If they we warned about the potential longer term nature of the injury who's decision was it to take the risk? Hughes or Foley? Could acquiring the USMNT captain have seduced Foley into taking too much of a risk against the medical advice? Who knows? Not us but Foley certainly.

Besides the Mail, also noticed this from yesterday.

Andoni Iraola must lead Bournemouth to victory over Burnley on Saturday (28 October) or he will be sacked, sources have told Football Insider.

Plus this today.

His potential availability has sparked interest in Spain already. According to ED, Celta Vigo are monitoring events on the South Coast of England. Rafael Benitez was appointed in the summer as a major coup for the Galician side, but with Os Celeste in the relegation zone themselves, things are far from well at Balaidos. If results continue to evade Benitez, then Iraola could become their top target to replace him.

Besides the Mail, also noticed this from yesterday.

Andoni Iraola must lead Bournemouth to victory over Burnley on Saturday (28 October) or he will be sacked, sources have told Football Insider.

Plus this today.

His potential availability has sparked interest in Spain already. According to ED, Celta Vigo are monitoring events on the South Coast of England. Rafael Benitez was appointed in the summer as a major coup for the Galician side, but with Os Celeste in the relegation zone themselves, things are far from well at Balaidos. If results continue to evade Benitez, then Iraola could become their top target to replace him.

Tanner in the Echo said this was rubbish apparently....

Well that's the point I'm making though isn't it, who's failing is it? Hughes didn't likely do Adams' medical. What advice did they get from the medical staff. The doctor has been sacked so that may be a clue as to where the blame lies. If they we warned about the potential longer term nature of the injury who's decision was it to take the risk? Hughes or Foley? Could acquiring the USMNT captain have seduced Foley into taking too much of a risk against the medical advice? Who knows? Not us but Foley certainly.
Steady. You don't know that the doctor was sacked. Or do you?

Reactions: DJ

;