Andoni Iraola

Every result, win lose or draw, allows agendas to be promoted.
Hidden in threads are good debates but it is becoming increasingly tiresome finding them when every thread becomes a playground name calling game...
:sleep:
One man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter

One man’s opinion is another man’s agenda.

Christie is a championship level winger with no output turned into an energetic harrying centre mid by a brilliant coach in an emergency. His goals and assists record is horrendous. He’s done well in this position but do you see someone coming in and giving us 20m for him to pay back the money say we wasted on Traore?

You state the above like it’s fact, but it’s merely your opinion. He was a player of the season contender before his permanent move to a deeper role.

You just want to credit Iraola with for it all because you’ve always lambasted Christie since he signed. You pick holes in everything he does rather than just give credit when it’s due.

Opinions great, but much less so when people take up such binary positions. Hughes and Blake may not be the best ever, but they probably do enough things right.

Players have good and bad games. Some players have potential to improve under Andoni.

We’re not just thirteenth in the league, we’re currently thirteenth best side in the country. I think we can get better.

You state the above like it’s fact, but it’s merely your opinion. He was a player of the season contender before his permanent move to a deeper role.

You just want to credit Iraola with for it all because you’ve always lambasted Christie since he signed. You pick holes in everything he does rather than just give credit when it’s due.
He only started 22 times last year and was subbed in a lot of those… because he is not able to play up front at this level. Isn’t quick enough and his shooting isn’t even professional level I’d suggest. It’s not my view alone that he is just dire in this regard. He has one goal in two PL seasons.

Andoni used him up front at the beginning, as he did Jaidon, because he values the press above everything and they were the only two that could do it. He clearly saw though that Christie’s attributes were better suited elsewhere. I credit Andoni with it because no other manager at club or international level has done this for Christie. Of course the player himself then has to show the right response which he did. Remember we first saw this in the pre season friendlies so it was always on his mind.

In terms of it being my opinion and not fact surely everyone takes it as read on here don’t they? Who do you think I speak on behalf of…. The Belgian ministry of justice?

Opinions great, but much less so when people take up such binary positions. Hughes and Blake may not be the best ever, but they probably do enough things right.

Players have good and bad games. Some players have potential to improve under Andoni.

We’re not just thirteenth in the league, we’re currently thirteenth best side in the country. I think we can get better.
But if a binary opinion is someone’s opinion then that’s also fine isn’t it Rob? Life is a spectrum. It doesn’t make it an agenda, that’s my point.

Remember the rows we used to have over Fletch. You had I would politely suggest a negative binary opinion on him. To me it was your opinion though and never your agenda. Agenda suggests that you can’t allow other notions to enter your head which is derogatory to the person. Just my opinion!

But if a binary opinion is someone’s opinion then that’s also fine isn’t it Rob? Life is a spectrum. It doesn’t make it an agenda, that’s my point. Remember the rows we used to have over Fletch. You had I would politely suggest a negative binary opinion on him. To me it was your opinion though and never your agenda. Agenda suggests that you can’t allow other notions to enter your head which is derogatory to the person. Just my opinion!
Looking back I agree, but I’ve learnt to be less binary!

He only started 22 times last year and was subbed in a lot of those… because he is not able to play up front at this level. Isn’t quick enough and his shooting isn’t even professional level I’d suggest. It’s not my view alone that he is just dire in this regard. He has one goal in two PL seasons.

Andoni used him up front at the beginning, as he did Jaidon, because he values the press above everything and they were the only two that could do it. He clearly saw though that Christie’s attributes were better suited elsewhere. I credit Andoni with it because no other manager at club or international level has done this for Christie. Of course the player himself then has to show the right response which he did. Remember we first saw this in the pre season friendlies so it was always on his mind.

In terms of it being my opinion and not fact surely everyone takes it as read on here don’t they? Who do you think I speak on behalf of…. The Belgian ministry of justice?

He's fundamentally a great player and one of our best ever signings in terms of value for money. Credit goes primarily to the player himself.

He clearly saw though that Christie’s attributes were better suited elsewhere. I credit Andoni with it because no other manager at club or international level has done this for Christie.

"I've absolutely loved it. It's kind of where I played growing up. I've chopped and changed throughout my career but it's another position, even at my age, I enjoy playing and I'm learning at the same time too."

He's fundamentally a great player and one of our best ever signings in terms of value for money. Credit goes primarily to the player himself.
Obviously because if he stopped trying as hard as he does he’d be average . The reality is though he isn’t a PL level front three but he is now a PL level centre midfielder and it wasn’t his decision to play there. That’s my point.

Think it’s great. Thirteenth so far with some very good performances and yet two main threads are full of people picking apart every aspect of the club.

The players are ****************, Hughes is ****************, Cook is ****************, Smith, Adams, Outtara, Sinisterra all ****************.
What about Neto?

"I've absolutely loved it. It's kind of where I played growing up. I've chopped and changed throughout my career but it's another position, even at my age, I enjoy playing and I'm learning at the same time too."

Selective quote picking DJ. Other people would say you have an agenda! ;) Where you play ‘growing up’ is largely irrelevant. Very few top level kids play full back for example… most play in centre midfield or up front.

You didn’t quote this part of the article, leaving me wondering why?IMG_2946.jpeg

Looking back I agree, but I’ve learnt to be less binary!
It’s a modern thing I don’t like. Anyone having a strong opinion either way on Brexit or Vaccinations or any form of politics is deemed binary or agenda driven. It’s a form of smugness from people that hold a middle ground I guess or who are at the opposite side of the spectrum. We’ve lost the ability to enjoy differences and be tolerant and listen.

The reality is all of us are probably binary on some of societal, entertainment or sporting points and also in the middle on others. Just enjoy reading different views and the debate there’s no need for people to try and belittle others.

Obviously because if he stopped trying as hard as he does he’d be average . The reality is though he isn’t a PL level front three but he is now a PL level centre midfielder and it wasn’t his decision to play there. That’s my point.

Tbh I can't work out what your point is. Christie is a great player, you seem to agree but appear to want to bend over backwards to not give him or the people who signed him any credit.

It’s a modern thing I don’t like. Anyone having a strong opinion either way on Brexit or Vaccinations or any form of politics is deemed binary or agenda driven. It’s a form of smugness from people that hold a middle ground I guess or who are at the opposite side of the spectrum. We’ve lost the ability to enjoy differences and be tolerant and listen.

The reality is all of us are probably binary on some of societal, entertainment or sporting points and also in the middle on others. Just enjoy reading different views and the debate there’s no need for people to try and belittle others.

Yeah, if you bang on about something for years on end and are completely selective in your 'evidence' to try and prove the point .. it's an agenda.

Selective quote picking DJ. Other people would say you have an agenda! ;) Where you play ‘growing up’ is largely irrelevant. Very few top level kids play full back for example… most play in centre midfield or up front.

You didn’t quote this part of the article, leaving me wondering why?View attachment 13341

If I wanted to hide it I wouldn’t have quoted it. If you want to try and do selective quoting you don’t add the link… like you often do. :)

I was merely pointing out that the position is hardly alien to him.

I really don’t understand why credit can’t just be given out to all involved.

Whoever scouted him, whoever signed him for virtually peanuts, the player for pushing forward and developing over the years, the current coach for playing him as an interchanging 8/10 to a more permanent 8 over time. The player again for embracing this and putting the team first.

We’ve had players incapable of doing this, making it clear they want to play their preferred role over what’s best for the team. Having an inflated opinion of themselves.

Christie has been the ultimate professional and so is looking at player of the season when we have a striker who will score 20+ goals this campaign in the top flight and set for an England call up (another player that incidentally you historically also ran down).

Tbh I can't work out what your point is. Christie is a great player, you seem to agree but appear to want to bend over backwards to not give him or the people who signed him any credit.
He was a good signing for his value . I’ve not said otherwise. I’ve also given him credit for the workrate he puts into his career, even on my last post.

I wouldn’t say he is a great player but his positional change has turned him from being an average one into a good one.

If I wanted to hide it I wouldn’t have quoted it. If you want to try and do selective quoting you don’t add the link… like you often do. :)

I was merely pointing out that the position is hardly alien to him.

I really don’t understand why credit can’t just be given out to all involved.

Whoever scouted him, whoever signed him for virtually peanuts, the player for pushing forward and developing over the years, the current coach for playing him as an interchanging 8/10 to a more permanent 8 over time. The player again for embracing this and putting the team first.

We’ve had players incapable of doing this, making it clear they want to play their preferred role over what’s best for the team. Having an inflated opinion of themselves.

Christie has been the ultimate professional and so is looking at player of the season when we have a striker who will score 20+ goals this campaign in the top flight and set for an England call up (another player that incidentally you historically also ran down).
Agree with most of that. Do you agree he is better in midfield than he was in a front three?

Surely there can’t be anyone who believes that Christie is a PL standard attacker?

His stats since joining us when deployed as a winger/attacker:

21/22 (championship) 3 goals and 8 assists
22/23 (PL) 1 goal and 0 assists
23/24 0 goals and 1 assist (+ a further assist when deployed deeper)

Christie is a PL level player for sure, but as an attacker he is an average championship level player. It’s like when Parker went through that weird phase of trying to turn Cook into an attacking player, he suddenly looked miles out of his depth. Christie brings a lot of attributes to the table, but he doesn’t produce even remotely enough output to be considered a viable attacker at this level, the stats don’t lie.

;