Andoni Iraola

Regardless of who made the appointment I have a fear Bill will move on any manager where it’s not working hence his love of short contracts.
According to reports Iraola only wanted a one year contract but the club insisted on two years. Make no mistake - he sees us as a stepping stone into the upper reaches of the PL, so this is not going to be a long term project even if he is successful. Like Brighton we will need a de Zerbi lined up, when the time comes. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to the ride!

Neil, I fear despite nominating him, you've backed yourself into a corner, unless he is absolutely brilliant.

Your fanboys will have a field day, every loss or draw!!

No, Neil's going to have to join the happy clapper evangelicals who don't salivate every time we lose and blame it on everything that's wrong with the club.
I’m sure they will. Thing is… he needs the correct players and we like a model where the coach doesn’t choose those. You can only work with what you’ve got.

Scrap that. He's just going to blame Blake and Hughes still. Remember... Good signing = Foley, bad signing = Hughes.

As things stand Iraola was a Foley find but this is subject to change.

According to reports Iraola only wanted a one year contract but the club insisted on two years. Make no mistake - he sees us as a stepping stone into the upper reaches of the PL, so this is not going to be a long term project even if he is successful. Like Brighton we will need a de Zerbi lined up, when the time comes. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to the ride!

I don't think they had De Zerbi lined up. He was just available when they needed a manager. Like Iraola he was one of the most highly rated managers in Europe.

Moving on from the petty bickering between New Forest Gump and Supercilious Dawson, I am really looking forward to next season now. The manner of GON's departure feels poor, and the sudden change to a foreign manager very un-Bournemouth like. But if this brings back the style of football that most of us enjoyed for the majority of Eddie's reign........ BRING IT ON !!!!

It's going to be really interesting seeing how a completely new manager rates our players. If we sign Stephens then presumably Iraola will have given the nod.

All of our other players will have to sink or swim and there's no guarantees for any of them. Whether they have been here ages or were signed in January it'll be a clean slate.

I do hope we do have a joined up approach to transfers that fits what the manager wants to actually do.

I know very little about Iraola, other than the talk of the high press and high intensity.

That seems to be something that suits some players but not others, the likes of Solanke, Christie, Rothwell, Cook fit this. Billing, possibly less so?

Kelly as a left-back could be a thing of the past but could prove vital at centre-back.

As someone else said on the Danjuma thread, he's also not someone who would fit this philosophy on paper, so that doesn't look likely?

Does Kluivert and Jackson fit? I have no idea.

I do hope we do have a joined up approach to transfers that fits what the manager wants to actually do.

I know very little about Iraola, other than the talk of the high press and high intensity.

That seems to be something that suits some players but not others, the likes of Solanke, Christie, Rothwell, Cook fit this. Billing, possibly less so?

Kelly as a left-back could be a thing of the past but could prove vital at centre-back.

As someone else said on the Danjuma thread, he's also not someone who would fit this philosophy on paper, so that doesn't look likely?

Does Kluivert and Jackson fit? I have no idea.
This is the best video I've seen which explains what he's about

I’m sure they will. Thing is… he needs the correct players and we like a model where the coach doesn’t choose those. You can only work with what you’ve got.
How it usually goes down;

Coach identifies what positions he wants strengthening and what attributes he wants his players to have.

Scouting/recruitment team use this information as well as the finances to come up with a list of players that fit the criteria.

Coach then picks his choices in order.

Recruitment team then go out and try to secure deals working their way down the list once they hit a brick wall.

;