Andoni Iraola

I can see that the manager hasn't started very well like some of the players. Well, actually Dango did start well but his confidence appears to be shot now. I think people should give new people a chance before slagging them off whether that's players or managers. Even if they have a long-standing agenda against the football club.
Blake and Hughes are not our football club

I came here to find the current prevailing opinion on our incumbent manager and all I find is a bunch of car stuff and every fool knows that if you *really* want to go fast it's F1 all the way. In any case what's the opinion? Mine is that it's not good enough. The run of tough games you can excuse, we got 3 points out of them and we looked like we could have got more. Then came the Everton game and to me that was the beginning of the end, we needed a result, we needed to look like we could have got a result and we just didn't. You could even potentially discount that one if we come back home to beat Wolves, but again, we didn't, at this point I'm thinking the only way the manager is going to keep his job is if we comprehensively demolish Burnley and well, we didn't.
Agree it’s nice to finally get a win but did we really see enough from yesterday to suggest that we will be okay going forwards

We were playing the second worst side in the league yesterday and they had key players missing. We scraped a win

I know we did too but I’m not sure Adams counts as he will likely always be missing

His methods seem to be so heavily dependent on getting the press right that if it’s not absolutely perfect then we will always struggle to score

When on the ball our only real tactic seems to be to get the ball wide and swing it into the box to a single forward who is heavily outnumbered

I guess Christie is in there too but what good is that going to do

I just can’t fathom how this way of playing will ever generate enough goals or points

I heavily contest that it is exciting or forward thinking football too it isn’t

Exciting football is about what a team does on the ball not about what they do off of it

The football was more exciting under O’Neil despite the fact that his approach off of the ball was more pragmatic

I came here to find the current prevailing opinion on our incumbent manager and all I find is a bunch of car stuff and every fool knows that if you *really* want to go fast it's F1 all the way. In any case what's the opinion? Mine is that it's not good enough. The run of tough games you can excuse, we got 3 points out of them and we looked like we could have got more. Then came the Everton game and to me that was the beginning of the end, we needed a result, we needed to look like we could have got a result and we just didn't. You could even potentially discount that one if we come back home to beat Wolves, but again, we didn't, at this point I'm thinking the only way the manager is going to keep his job is if we comprehensively demolish Burnley and well, we didn't.

All you can find on a 69 page thread about AI is 'car stuff'...all 4 or 5 posts, lol.

Yes but who can afford an F1... not us, or most clubs it seems ;)

I visited the Burnley forum, and if anything, the gist seemed to be how poor we must be to have not hammered them... as apparently 3 of the back 4 were not 1st choice starters.

But then, despondent fans, sometimes with an axe to grind talk about how poor the opposition was, even when beaten.

Similar to on here, a fair few feel Kompany is out of his depth, and may be sacked soon, particularly if the club have aspirations of survival. But apparently he signed a load of young Belgian players, so not not sure that'd be best idea over long term, as unless they sign another Belgian boss, that's a bit of an issue perhaps...

Last edited:
After not winning for God knows how long, it was never going to be anything but a close run thing. The important thing is the 3 points. Burnley did look pretty poor, hard to see them or sheff utd getting too many wins.

Oh good, Waz/Kingtw@t or whatever his name is has resurfaced on here again.

I enjoyed the performance yesterday & even more so the result obviously, and I imagine the majority of the Bmth fans also in the ground did too.

Just so predictable to come on here afterwards & read such rubbish from the usual negative prophets. Oh no sorry, they're 'realists'

Last edited:
I'm hoping AI is enjoying his Sunday with the family after gaining his first EPL win.
Me too. The strain on him must have been huge. Lovely to see him smiling yesterday and the interaction with the thousands singing his song.

Back to his song. Eating paella, drinking estrella and hating the scummers. We can obviously say that two of those things are true but do we know for a fact he drank estrella as beer in Spain is regional and that’s a Barcelona beer.

Apologies if this may have been mentioned already...but who was the skinny little chap in the grey tracksuit running about in the second half? He was Mr Energy getting in the officials ear and generally bouncing about encouraging everyone? Has AI's assistant got his work permit?

Apologies if this may have been mentioned already...but who was the skinny little chap in the grey tracksuit running about in the second half? He was Mr Energy getting in the officials ear and generally bouncing about encouraging everyone? Has AI's assistant got his work permit?
No that’s the one member of his team that did make it. His fitness coach Pablo de la torre. Quite a character

Me too. The strain on him must have been huge. Lovely to see him smiling yesterday and the interaction with the thousands singing his song.

Back to his song. Eating paella, drinking estrella and hating the scummers. We can obviously say that two of those things are true but do we know for a fact he drank estrella as beer in Spain is regional and that’s a Barcelona beer.
Finding new things to argue with you about ;) but we drank Estrella in the Andalucia and Galicia regions.

Agree it’s nice to finally get a win but did we really see enough from yesterday to suggest that we will be okay going forwards

We were playing the second worst side in the league yesterday and they had key players missing. We scraped a win

I know we did too but I’m not sure Adams counts as he will likely always be missing

His methods seem to be so heavily dependent on getting the press right that if it’s not absolutely perfect then we will always struggle to score

When on the ball our only real tactic seems to be to get the ball wide and swing it into the box to a single forward who is heavily outnumbered

I guess Christie is in there too but what good is that going to do

I just can’t fathom how this way of playing will ever generate enough goals or points

I heavily contest that it is exciting or forward thinking football too it isn’t

Exciting football is about what a team does on the ball not about what they do off of it

The football was more exciting under O’Neil despite the fact that his approach off of the ball was more pragmatic
Before the game we were the second worst side in the division.

Just saying.

you really have been blindsided by this bloke
nothing but vitriol, hatred and sarcasm for tindall, parker, woodgate and o'neil but now it's fanboy love and affection
all very odd
did you bump into him once in benidorm and he signed your beermat?

nothing but vitriol, hatred and sarcasm for tindall, parker, woodgate and o'neil but now it's fanboy love and affection
all very odd

Its incredible isnt it. Hes so blinkered on this subject and cannot even see it. The fact he gets so upset when someone mentioned his nationality but goes around calling our players names like they are fair game. Does AI have a partner in the UK? Im starting to get suspicious .. :hmmm:

all very odd
Loved woody as a character and said so many times. He also got us playing great front foot football. Got into lots of rows with Topfarrier on here when he disliked Parker from the off where I was defending him.

You need to live with reality and not what’s inside your head as perceived reality.

Andoni is over here without his assistant or coaches , a depleted midfield, lost the player of the year that was significant in keeping us up. I’m glad he is having a nice day. You’d be weird not to be imo.

I have been to Benidorm a few times. Got a tattoo but don’t remember some bloke signing a beer mat. ;)

It’s incredible isnt it. Hes so blinkered on this subject and cannot even see it. The fact he gets so upset when someone mentioned his nationality but goes around calling our players names like they are fair game. Does AI have a partner in the UK? Im starting to get suspicious .. :hmmm:
Been over this many times. Calling someone the Argentinan Broadhurst is not a slight on the people of Argentina. It’s either a comment on the fact they are the spit of each other or a comment on ability depending whether you believe me or my fanboys. I can’t call him the Broadhurst it wouldn’t make sense… just as Salah was the Egyptian Messi for awhile not the Messi.

Calling someone a Spanish waiter is a slight on the people of Spain as it’s an insult British people used to be derogatory about the type of jobs we thought most Spanish people did. Calling someone a Spanish lame duck is also an example where the Spanish isn’t necessary. Just call him a lame duck. If a black centre forward was useless youd call them the donkey, you wouldn’t call them the black donkey.

;