Andoni Iraola

Well I was utterly utterly wrong about AI, we’re more good now than we were bad earlier in the season.

The work rate is mightily impressive as well.

As for calling him the Spanish Groves, one of my sons still says PG just needed more time and was the best coach he’s ever worked with.
(Mind you he was playing for Fleetlands at the time).

we need to enjoy him while we can because I don't know if we'll be able to hold onto him for long unfortunately.

I don’t think the top teams want Brentfords style of football. Give Iraola that Utd squad though and their fans would soon be happier.

I think perhaps someone like Spurs could be biggest threat for retaining AI in a year or so, if he continues like this.

We’re obviously a stepping stone to bigger things…atm… but if we can get ourselves to a point where we position ourselves at a level that rules out several other potential suitors, maybe he’ll see that he can do something thing longer-term here at DC…

The typical scenario will be that WHU or poss even Chelsea start sharing an interest come next summer…

Happy to be have been proved wrong. Whilst the only manager I've only ever wanted sacked was Quinn in my 40 years at Dean Court, the first 10 games made me think it might be a step up too quick for him, so glad he's turned it round and shut me up! I still can't believe the difference in the space of 6 or so games but I guess it just took him a bit of time to work out how moving Christie and who his players were and where they were best utilised to start making it click, and boy has he done that! Once we win at Man City he could well eclipse Eddie!
Not getting too far ahead ourselves but I haven't felt like this since we beat Liverpool 4-3 and smashed Chelsea 0-3 and Spurs 3-2.
Great stuff

;