Andoni Iraola

Traore I think......don't know why he bothered mentioning him tbh.
Ahhh.. well Richard Hughes’s 25m squad water bottle and bib carrier missing means we might have to ask one of the youth team to do it.

I thought Stanislas had triggered an extension and had somehow become injured…

That is a rather excellent article, it covers a lot of the debate we’ve had on here in recent weeks. From the fact that we weren’t actually that terrible earlier in the season, that we were showing promise.

To the slight shift in formation, the average position charts show how Christie/Billing would interchange, now Christie is playing a deeper role full time whilst Kluivert is operating further forward.

Well done to Dan Sansom, not used to reading such stuff on Sky.
AI says in his interview that the club knew it would take time for him to change the way the team played and were not that worried about the results during the first 7 tough games as they could see that the players were accepting his new style of play. As he said if the players were not willing to play his attacking press style he was wasting his time. Bill Foly was behind him all the time.

Do you reckon Bill Foley shares your opinion on him? Do you think he'll struggle for work if he does leave?
Who knows I have no insight into Bills mind. As for struggling for work footballs a game notorious for giving contracts to mediocrity as Scott Parker, Alex O’Neil, Alan Pardew etc can testify…

Even if he has left for another job let’s see how he does before we take that as a sign of success. Let’s also hope he comes back with 50m to us for Dango and Hampered Traore.

Who knows I have no insight into Bills mind. As for struggling for work footballs a game notorious for giving contracts to mediocrity as Scott Parker, Alex O’Neil, Alan Pardew etc can testify…

Even if he has left for another job let’s see how he does before we take that as a sign of success. Let’s also hope he comes back with 50m to us for Dango and Hampered Traore.

Sounds like you're worried he's going to get a good job Neil. Let's wait until he signs a Traore before we accept you've been banging the wrong drum for years eh?

Disappointing you've had to start slagging the signing of Alex Scott off just to keep your agenda going. Blaming his injury on Hughes is also pretty low tbh.

Last edited:

Both Foly and AI have said how Hughes, has helped the club during the latest up turn in form.

Sounds like you're worried he's going to get a good job Neil. Let's wait until he signs a Traore before we accept you've been banging the wrong drum for years eh?

Disappointing you've had to start slagging the signing of Alex Scott off just to keep your agenda going. Blaming his injury of Hughes is also pretty low tbh.
What this board proves is that if you have an agenda, it's very easy to find reasons to back it up. Whether it's Hughes you can point to a couple of signings, dom if he doesn't score for a couple of weeks, AI if we lose a game.
Whats harder for these guys is when we we take the points we have recently to justify the continual slagging off.

Just watched Neto.....Aarons and Alex Scott on the Filthy fellas podcast ......some interesting stuff particularly the fact that Iraola doesn't name the team until an hour before kick off!......Scott was saying it's something he's really not used to.

Disappointing you've had to start slagging the signing of Alex Scott off just to keep your agenda going. Blaming his injury on Hughes is also pretty low tbh.
All in your head as usual Delboy.

I wanted us to sign Scott. Look back over his thread. I wouldn’t have signed him and an injured Adam’s. What was the point. I’d have signed Scott and a fit midfielder and foregone Adam’s who is no stranger to a treatment table.

We don’t need to wait until he has signed a Traore. He has… I know you probably haven’t noticed but check the back of the programme.

All in your head as usual Delboy.

I wanted us to sign Scott. Look back over his thread. I wouldn’t have signed him and an injured Adam’s. What was the point. I’d have signed Scott and a fit midfielder and foregone Adam’s who is no stranger to a treatment table.

We don’t need to wait until he has signed a Traore. He has… I know you probably haven’t noticed but check the back of the programme.

What's the point of signing Scott and Adams? Well perhaps because they are brilliant players and when they are fit our squad will look fantastic. Turns out we had the strength in depth to do fine without them so we can afford to wait.

I was talking about if Hughes moves to another club. You've been saying for a long time how Eddie Howe didn't rate him and how the Scottish press made up all those stories about Howe wanting him at Celtic, what happens to your argument if he gets a decent job elsewhere? His signings are doing fine here too so it's in tatters as it is.

What's the point of signing Scott and Adams? Well perhaps because they are brilliant players and when they are fit our squad will look fantastic. Turns out we had the strength in depth to do fine without them so we can afford to wait.

I was talking about if Hughes moves to another club. You've been saying for a long time how Eddie Howe didn't rate him and how the Scottish press made up all those stories about Howe wanting him at Celtic, what happens to your argument if he gets a decent job elsewhere? His signings are doing fine here too so it's in tatters as it is.
Someone getting a job or even a better job in football doesn’t make any argument in tatters. Else you could argue how great Nathan Jones must have been when Southampton gave him his biggest opportunity. Whether Eddie rates him or not I don’t know, maybe he is going to Newcastle?I just know he wasn’t ever going to Celtic.

When you look back over the large amount of players signed since Eddie left the miss to hit ratio is too large which is why we probably either have moved him on or he has realised it’s time to.

Also coincided with the time we’d started talking to Iraola replacements so imagine things were very cool back then. Obviously he has been totally vindicated on that front but he didn’t give his manager the best support by blowing 50m on two injured midfielders after losing the player of the year in the same position for free.

Sooner we get a pro in the better. We should have a better squad for the 220m and no that doesn’t mean all his signings are duds.

Someone getting a job or even a better job in football doesn’t make any argument in tatters. Else you could argue how great Nathan Jones must have been when Southampton gave him his biggest opportunity. Whether Eddie rates him or not I don’t know, maybe he is going to Newcastle?I just know he wasn’t ever going to Celtic.

When you look back over the large amount of players signed since Eddie left the miss to hit ratio is too large which is why we probably either have moved him on or he has realised it’s time to.

Also coincided with the time we’d started talking to Iraola replacements so imagine things were very cool back then. Obviously he has been totally vindicated on that front but he didn’t give his manager the best support by blowing 50m on two injured midfielders after losing the player of the year in the same position for free.

Sooner we get a pro in the better. We should have a better squad for the 220m and no that doesn’t mean all his signings are duds.
Out of curiosity how many years are you including in the 220m and which currency? Just to be clear

;