Andrew Surman

I did think Surman made some uncharacteristically poor passes as the game went on. That type of thing is something we just can't have in the team if we're going to win.
Maybe he just needs a few games to get that out of his system though - I'll trust Eddie on this.

Did you see his first 2 passes backwards in the 2nd half. 1 made Ake scamper to keep it in and the 2nd put Smith under pressure and give away a needless throw down by the corner flag. He got 2 negative after we scored.
the whole team got too negative after we scored - together with Sheff upping their game

...easy to see why we perhaps didn't go for the jugular after we went one up...as a team threatened with going down it was natural that we woul try to hang on as long as we could.We conceded at the wrong time just on HT and this blow proved bad for us...a gamble of course to bring on two players who have just returned from injury and that was a factor too I guess?...our defending on each flank has been poor this season and so it proved again as they got the winner...in fact only Ake can consistently defend to the standard required to keep us up, an that is proving to be crucial for us!

All a matter of opinions. I thought he was a weakest link against Sheff Utd. You can put it down to rustiness but I'm not sure we're in a position to be able to play someone back into form.

Because Surman isn’t the wall that Lerma is he needs to be spot on with his passing. He was way off his usual standard on Sunday, despite playing in a role and position well suited to him.

All a matter of opinions. I thought he was a weakest link against Sheff Utd. You can put it down to rustiness but I'm not sure we're in a position to be able to play someone back into form.

We created more in the first 30 minutes then we did in the last 10 games. It was actually exciting to look at us. The only big change from previous games, was Surman.

I agree about the first 30 minutes and the fact we then "relaxed" and Sheffield United piled on the pressure.

Andrew Surman isn't Jefferson Lerma but he is Mr Tick Tock always available and in space. He did look rusty and tired but once again it was the collective that let us down. Harry Wilson is a luxury in a team fighting against relegation. Very good in and around the box but in my view doesn't like to do his share of defending albeit he did against Villa. It appears we are stuck with having to play him. (Liverpool scam continues)

The substitutions did us no favours and we could have hung on for a point if the defensive unit had not switched off for the throw in.

Eddie has "hinted" in The Echo that there might be changes I hope he keeps to his hinted word.

We created more in the first 30 minutes then we did in the last 10 games. It was actually exciting to look at us. The only big change from previous games, was Surman.

We create so much more because of our pressing forcing Sheff Utd into making mistakes during that first spell. During that time their pass accuracy was awful, something like 50%, but a lot of that was due to us being all over them as soon as they got the ball.

When we backed off a bit their passing accuracy jumped to 80%ish, they regained their confidence and thereafter were a different team.

This is what I worry about with Stanislas. Normally comes back looking awful for a few games, then for a last 30 mins looks good, then out for another 6 months

We create so much more because of our pressing forcing Sheff Utd into making mistakes during that first spell. During that time their pass accuracy was awful, something like 50%, but a lot of that was due to us being all over them as soon as they got the ball.

When we backed off a bit their passing accuracy jumped to 80%ish, they regained their confidence and thereafter were a different team.

I'm pretty sure we try to press like that every single game.. No I think the difference was our midfield finally clicking.

Our pressing has been poor for much of the season. It was only in recent games that we've seen the likes of Fraser return to their previous industrious selves in the way they chase the opposition down. As has been admitted by him. We saw some of it against Brighton as well.

I have no issues with Surman....as long as his passing is accurate. While I do also wish he would go forward with his passing more often.....sometimes just having someone who can make things tick in there is sometimes what we need.

When he tracks back it’s like he’s running in 2 metres of dog ****.
This exactly. His passing is pretty good to be fair but he just doesn't have the energy for 90 mins. Lewis cook must be completely gutted at not even getting a look in.

This exactly. His passing is pretty good to be fair but he just doesn't have the energy for 90 mins. Lewis cook must be completely gutted at not even getting a look in.

Two games he has started now. For the first time in a long time we have seen Bournemouth back to being exciting and good (yes 0 points, I know. But we've been unlucky).

For one and a half season I have wondered where our dominant good play had gone. Then Surman is back against Sheffield U, and for two games now it's clear. We have missed our master of puppets in midfield.

Two games he has started now. For the first time in a long time we have seen Bournemouth back to being exciting and good (yes 0 points, I know. But we've been unlucky).

For one and a half season I have wondered where our dominant good play had gone. Then Surman is back against Sheffield U, and for two games now it's clear. We have missed our master of puppets in midfield.
Villa at home is the best we have played for a while

;