Andrew Surman

Quality player, think he was bit underappreciated at times by some sections of the fanbase.

Spoke to someone years ago close to the club about Surman (back in previous championship era), and they went over how pivitol he was to us and the way we play. How he kept ball moving, 'ticking over and made it look easy/simple, but was actually having a major effect on the teams tempo. Mainly ue to his exceptional positional awareness, intelligence, composure on the ball.

a lot of fans had the same view - sadly too many gave him stick for just passing square. Always an outlet for Tommy and cookie rather than see their passes go astray

Although I only heard a little of his contribution on Solent pre and post match as expected sensible, constructive and positive comments as expected from Andrew Surman last night. Now that Dave Merrington has retired the Saints summariser's spot has been taken by Jo Tessum. From what I have heard Andrew Surman would have been a much better choice.

Jo Tessem? Lol :D

Wasn't he the embarrassingly bad Co commentator we had away at Millwall?

Guess maybe he'll improve with experience.

Great move for him and club

No doubt the usual suspects will moan about old boys club and lack of international coaching experience, but for me it’s great that Eddie’s influence continues at the club and surman is an experienced league player at 3 clubs

Just watched an interview (from our glory days a few years ago) of Callum Wilson who mentioned Surman has the personality of a "chemistry teacher".

Lets's be fair, if your teammates are referring to you as a teacher, it's only inevitable that one day you'll become a first-team manager. I see great prospects in him. You never know, maybe one day he'll be at the helm?

Just watched an interview (from our glory days a few years ago) of Callum Wilson who mentioned Surman has the personality of a "chemistry teacher".

Lets's be fair, if your teammates are referring to you as a teacher, it's only inevitable that one day you'll become a first-team manager. I see great prospects in him. You never know, maybe one day he'll be at the helm?
Neil will be beside himself if we have another teacher.

Taking up a role with Saints under 18s from Monday then .. isn't he currently with us ?! Another one off there then it seems !!.

Taking up a role with Saints under 18s from Monday then .. isn't he currently with us ?! Another one off there then it seems !!.
So when Surman gives the under 18’s a Sermon will they respond with “Sure man”?

(Asking for a friend who’s just been sectioned…)

;