Another topic- You saw what game?

AlGard

UTC Legend
Non AFCB (or Swindon) this one.

On your visits, give me an obscure game you watched.

Saw Quintana FC in a pre season game in Puerto Rico against a team called Leon Ponce (really) a few years back.
5-0 if I remember right and a Roast goat for the fans after the game.

Although an amateur match, the crowd of about 30 still threw bottles at the officials.

Beats the cushions after Mel Machin got sent off in 72.

....my most obscure match was probably Rochdale v Halifax a few years ago ( it was the day after we had played Macclesfield at Miss Rose...boring 0-0)

...recall watching Botham playing for Yeovil in the non league once.

Melbourne Victory 3 Wellington Phoenix 0
A League at AAMI Stadium - what a ground, would love one like that

Attachments

• IMG_2253.JPG
    IMG_2253.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 0
Cheltenham v Paulton Rovers in the FA Cup 3rd qualy round in October 1997. My sister was at Uni there and I popped up to visit. Spent most of the game chatting to Steve Cotterill, only interrupted by him shouting at the players!

Tampa Bay Rowdies v Fort Lauderdale strikers, at Tampa Bays oldstadium in 1990
Mate and I spent most of the game having a 'bit of banter' with Rodney Marsh

Gretna Green v Ayr Pre-season friendly whilst on holiday in the late 70s

With a slight AFCB link, thanks to good old Harry Woodman a full travel club coach in the away end for Stoke v Leicester after a lunch time kick off at Port Vale. Got some very odd looks as we were singing Bournemouth songs!

VfL Osnabrueck 4 vs 0 ??? Celle I think back in 98/99

Packed ground, great atmosphere, lots of flag waving, beer flowing on the terraces (old fashioned standing), quality goals, what's not to like?

Lossiemouth vs Forres Mechanics in a Scottish cup game was probably as random as it gets for me and most recently Orlando City vs DC United. The football was unbelievably cack but you can't knock the fans enthusiasm, especially as it was peeing it down for pretty much the whole match and there is very little cover.

Celtic 4 v 0 KR Reykjavik – Champions League 2nd Qualifying Round

22nd July 2014.

It was played in Edinburgh at Murrayfield due to the Commonwealth Games being held in Glasgow that year.

If you’ve never experienced the jocks creating an awesome atmosphere at a game, then put it on your ‘to do’ list.

Bled v Somebody else on holiday in Slovenia
Crowd of about 50, the best thing was the great local beer in 1 litre bottles for about 50p

Blackpool v Celtic friendly in '71
Spent the whole match wondering why an English Team was playing a Scottish one.
At the age of 7 I hadn't caught on to the concept of a friendly match.

Loads. Lots of Blackburn dragged around by my Rovers supporting mate early 90's

Blackburn 5- Plymouth 2 -Dalglish's first game in charge - 1992
Shrewsbury 3 Blackburn 4 - League cup 1994

Crewe 7 Colchester 1 - random road trip from Uni in Stoke in 93, 5 goals for Tony Naylor. We beat Orient 3-0 that day, don't know why I remember that.

Perhps the best was

My game was due to the Swindon away game one season being called off due to damage to a stand, I made my way to Oxford United V Wimbledon, the crazy gang years. Brilliant game loads of goals 2-5 I think to the original Dons.

Last year - Malta 0 Moldova 0 whilst on holiday. The fact it was warm and sunny is the best that can be said for it.

;