Anthony Taylor

Wait to see it on MOTD but in real time given some of the other things going on not a yellow in my option but Grealish milked it influencing the ref. Sadly I think Lerma's reputation goes before him. Some of his yellows this season have been harsh. Has he inherited Marcus Brownings nickname "book me Browning/Lerma":?

Grealish must be Taylor’s love child?... that said I called it at HT and think Howe should probably have subbed him off after Lerma had suffered a yellow and much off the ball goading

Grealish must be Taylor’s love child?... that said I called it at HT and think Howe should probably have subbed him off after Lerma had suffered a yellow and much off the ball goading

We called it too...he was gagging to card him from before the kick off when he went over to him and spoke to him at length. Just awful.

You did call it. Ironically as someone else said, winning without him maybe helps the team spirit

Very very poor. Leaning towards being completely incompetent.
No leaning needed in that phrase.

I dont think refs deliberately try and not be impartial, but performances like that push that belief to the limit.

Its fucking disgraceful how often Lerma gets a yellow per foul. Players like Young and Milner are something like ten times as many I saw on some table or other a while back.

The point is it restricts him in the actual game being played of course, but then we end up missing him in crucial games that cost us further.

Had he played at Newcastle for example I think we would have won.

Leicester away we were by far the better side for 30 odd minutes until both him and Billing were booked for their first fouls, constraining them.

Then he books Wilson instead of giving a penalty and lets Tieleman off a career finishing challenge.

Cresswell at WHU wtaf?

Still it all evens out doesn't it? Does it hell

will need to see it again but possibly the softest second yellow I've ever seen
until grealish started slapping his hands on the ground not sure taylor was even going to give a foul
hapless refereeing

Terrible performance from a constantly shocking referee. Did he want Grealish’s shirt at the end of the game or something? In the first half there was an almost identical incident where Gosling ran into Mings in the penalty area, correctly not given as a penalty as Mings could not have gotten out of the way of he tried. So why when the same happens to Jeff is it not only a foul but also a yellow card. How can you be so inconsistent with two virtually identical incidents in the same game? Maybe he thinks that using this method he’s bound to get at least one right...

Did the referee realise straightaway that he had already booked Lerma as he seem to take a while before producing the red?

Lerma's card was marked even before he got here. All the talk was how many yellows he'd got in Spain and it was obvious he'd been targeted from the very first game. I saw him get a yellow against Leicester at DC and it was the most innocuous foul you've ever seen. Certainly he's deserved a lot of his yellows, the first one on Grealish today for example, but he's had too many for tackles that other players get away with. Hopefully someone'll sign Suarez and the refs can forget about Jeff.

Just watched the "sending off" incident, what a joke, never never a yellow card. In the old days someone like Robbie Savage would have run his studs down Grealish's legs.

It was building up before, when Taylor had a word with Francis about Jeff.
Eddie should of seen it coming and taken him off. He was a marked man and Taylor was protecting Grealish.

;