Anti-AFCB "journalism"

'....Then in the 88th minute Ivan Toney was felled by Boruc, Madley waved play on, and Bournemouth went up the other end to score.....'

It's click-bait.

That type of thing about Afcb is quite common. To be fair though Wigan deserved to win, putting up a better show than Everton or Saints did! Afcb have a massive amount of admirers around the country including Manu and Scouse fans purely because we entertain with our style and have appeared in only a small handful of boring games...Crap hacks are best ignored because the nature of the beast means more of it if they know it hurts !

What’s embarrassing for the Fail is that the article was published at 22:30 last night. The whole world has had 30 hours to see the replay and know it’s not even close to a penalty.

Most of the journalists who write this sort of stuff support clubs like Peterborough, who where once a similar size, but are now jealous of our success having repeatedly seen their club fail with their own millionaire owner.

Don't worry, this Mail article will only be read by racists, homophobes and brexiteers.

Most of them elderly.

I'll let the original poster off as they are Canadian. :grin:

BillMcgarrycherry - 8/1/2018 17:54

That type of thing about Afcb is quite common. To be fair though Wigan deserved to win, putting up a better show than Everton or Saints did! Afcb have a massive amount of admirers around the country including Manu and Scouse fans purely because we entertain with our style and have appeared in only a small handful of boring games...Crap hacks are best ignored because the nature of the beast means more of it if they know it hurts !

Wigan deserved to win ??? How did you work that one out ?

He not only clearly wasn't at the game, and obviously hasn't seen any replays, but it's borderline libel against the Madley brothers. He's insinuating that they have conspired to help AFCB by cheating.
And thanks KBG for respecting my nationality! :) I don't really know anything about UK newspapers but I have an app that aggregates AFCB news items. I also do read the Guardian's football section which I find pretty good.

Ken Baileys Ghost - 8/1/2018 18:11

Don't worry, this Mail article will only be read by racists, homophobes and brexiteers.

Most of them elderly.

I read the Mail, I am elderly, but neither racist or homophobic! I also read other newspapers to try and see all points of view. :thumsd:

Pushing it to say Wigan deserved to win Bill, they certainly didn't deserve to lose.

Not quite sure why anyone would choose to read the Mail or the Sun in this day and age of multiple choices of decent journalism. Those two remain the cesspit of newspapers in this country.

canadiancherry - 8/1/2018 18:22

I also do read the Guardian's football section which I find pretty good.

Without wanting to get too political The Guardian and Mail Online are at complete opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to reporting and the level of intellect of its target readership.

Tinpot Club - 8/1/2018 18:30

canadiancherry - 8/1/2018 18:22

I also do read the Guardian's football section which I find pretty good.

Without wanting to get too political The Guardian and Mail Online are at complete opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to reporting and the level of intellect of its target readership.

"Without wanting to get too political "brilliant :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ken Baileys Ghost - 8/1/2018 18:11

Most of them elderly.

Are you trying to up your post count?

:hihi:

West Moors Cherry - 8/1/2018 18:29

Pushing it to say Wigan deserved to win Bill, they certainly didn't deserve to lose.

Not quite sure why anyone would choose to read the Mail or the Sun in this day and age of multiple choices of decent journalism. Those two remain the cesspit of newspapers in this country.

I felt Wigan did deserve to lose. On another day we would have won by four clear goals. We gifted them a two goal lead when we played like strangers but even at half time we were ahead on chances.

I really dislike the way the media looks at things in isolation to create a narrative. Many journos went on about the underdog being denied by a penalty (when contact looked minimal) but no one comments on Wigan’s second goal when it was a clear foul that led to deflection.

There are plenty more egs; West Ham robbed by handball goal moaned Moyes but ignores blatant handball penalty not given. Huddersfield robbed moaned Wagner and media when of the 5 big decisions that day 3 went for Huddersfield and we got two for the first two goals but not sure about one of them tbh.

If we had been 2-0 at half time up years ago at a PL ground I think we would want people to think we deserved to win ! I didn't mean they played better for the whole 90, just gave us a fright though I'd say! Maybe what we needed - a kick in the butt before Arsenal.

How does this play out? I read the Mail and the Mirror with equal frequency and even the Morning Star now and then but never influenced by any of them! Good and bad journos' on all of them. Piers Morgan is the worst for my money! Most accurate football reports are in papers like the Telegraph I find! Pointless people getting all political as football fans tend to come from all backgrounds these days!

Try going to the game Bill, you may be surprised how your views may change, before you say ....the Wigan game went on general sale

It wouldn't be the Daily Mail if they didn't have someone to hate on the basis of a load of misinformation would it?

Perhaps we should be pleased that they have decided to hate us now - next up an article on why Eddie Howe is a threat to Western civilisation

Try going to the game? No thanks- not any more! Just aways for me now unless new stadia happens! Really don't want to bump into certain few people TBH( the Ibe abusers?). ! I am the last person in the universe to have my views changed easily! Generally, I have enough experience and perception to know what's happening in the modern football world - although I do mess up occasionally and wasn't alert enough about the tickets for Wigan going on general sale as I assumed there was enough interest to fill 'the biscuit tin' locally and from Lancs.

;