Any chance of getting Eddie back?

As someone else said on another thread, if you moan about something for long enough you’ll eventually be right. Many didn’t want him back in 2012...I guess they were proved right eventually.

He’s the greatest manager we’ve ever had, achieved more than we ever deserved and were fortunate enough to be around to see it.

Absolutely amazing memories, had unbridled success in two spells with different sets of players. Turning around underachieving squads on both occasions and leading them to success.

But some choose to only remember the one poor season. Like he wasn’t due one poor season after a decade of only seeing success. At a point when he was rebuilding a squad for the long term future, but struck with injuries and bad attitude from some players engineering their next moves believing their own hype and unsettling the squad to the point where it still hasn’t recovered.

We’ve now got Neill Blake, Richard Hughes and Jason Tindall pretending to be fill his shoes and floundering.

But would we have him back, of course not, we want Frank Lampard or Jamie Redknapp, they’re far more attractive options? Or maybe Paul Cook because he’s looked good on Soccer Saturday a couple of times...

Class is permanent, form is temporary.

As someone else said on another thread, if you moan about something for long enough you’ll eventually be right. Many didn’t want him back in 2012...I guess they were proved right eventually.

He’s the greatest manager we’ve ever had, achieved more than we ever deserved and were fortunate enough to be around to see it.

Absolutely amazing memories, had unbridled success in two spells with different sets of players. Turning around underachieving squads on both occasions and leading them to success.

But some choose to only remember the one poor season. Like he wasn’t due one poor season after a decade of only seeing success. At a point when he was rebuilding a squad for the long term future, but struck with injuries and bad attitude from some players engineering their next moves believing their own hype and unsettling the squad to the point where it still hasn’t recovered.

We’ve now got Neill Blake, Richard Hughes and Jason Tindall pretending to be fill his shoes and floundering.

But would we have him back, of course not, we want Frank Lampard or Jamie Redknapp, they’re far more attractive options? Or maybe Paul Cook because he’s looked good on Soccer Saturday a couple of times...

Agree with you DJ. A bad season doesn't make a bad manager. I'd have him back in a heartbeat. Out of anyone, Eddie will have learned by his mistakes.

Yeah I'd have him back, without doubt.

Agree with everything DJ says but don't want him back as the current squad are just not the sort of people to put the work in to achieve success, whoever the manager is and it would further tarnish EH to fail. Arguably it's Eddie's fault for signing them it's true but the majority seemed like good signings at the time

Did Eddie really only have one poor season.??
We slowly declined each season after peeking in 9th (2016/17) despite improving the squad year on year at considerable cost.
I will always remember Eddie as the best manager we ever had and would welcome him back, but let's not forget, it was mostly this group of players that let him down last season.

Returned once, I don't think he will come back again.
Maybe he knew things behind the scenes were not right, no new stadium after 5 season in top flight etc.. Where is the clubs ambitions.. Well we got Jason in when we was rebuilding! That's the ambition we had!!
Nothing against Jace as like Eddie worked there magic for us over the years.
But when Ed left, it was time to rebuild, we had the chance and it's possibly gone now.
Jason said the same again after lasts nights shocking defeat.
Wonder why GJ left?!
Don't think our board will be brave enough to sack him, 60 points to play for, so act before it's to late. This team on paper should be better than any other.
Body language etc is all wrong, why isn't Sam getting a chance someone who wants to be here.
We chop and change the team way to often at the moment to!
It's like Jason is playing a championship manager! I know if he was he would be sacked by now! (haven't played it for about 15 years by the way!!).

I did support the appointment at the time of Jason, we all had to.
But football is a results business and when your playing as we are and no sign of things turning around, you need to act.

I don't think it will happen until its too late.

It wasn't just that he has a bad season, he completely changed our footballing philosophy. He clearly listened to outside influences who said we were conceding too many goals. This had never bothered me as we were scoring so many, making our games some of the most exciting to watch. To go from pushing for Europe at Christmas to getting relegated takes some doing.

For me the problems started when we moved completely away from EH's established winning formula of 4-4-2 with overlapping full backs!

Yes, we sometimes got over run in central midfield but mostly we were still able to outscore the opposition and in the process we won the Championship!

Now we seem to have a squad of players who are in and out of the team week by week, trying to fit into various different systems.

Worse still, some players seem to think they are too good for this league and seem to think they are doing us a favour by just turning up! Unfortunately for them, the only league we are currently heading for is league one!

Eddie got us promoted once from the Championship and can do it again! He also oversaw 5 seasons in the Prem.

I can't believe that some people have turned against him for one bad season at the highest level! Indeed we would still be there if it were not firstly for those bizarre VAR 'handball' over-rules away against Burnley and secondly for that ridiculous Aston Villa 'ghost goal' when it seems that someone apparently forgot to switch VAR on!

Had Man Utd or Liverpool been adversely affected by that 'ghost goal' then Aston Villa would have been made to replay that match in a heartbeat!!!

Bring back EH now before it is too late!

To go from pushing for Europe at Christmas to getting relegated takes some doing.

You’ve merged two seasons together.

Part of the “pushing for Europe” hype was down to David Brooks’ first season. The relegated season he was injured for its near entirety and has never looked the same player.

Part of the “pushing for Europe” hype was down to Ryan Fraser. The relegated season he was “not playing for the team”, putting in zero effort and most likely causing problems amongst the squad due to the consequences of those actions.

Part of the “pushing for Europe” hype was down to Joshua King. The relegated season he was having his head turned by Manchester United, wanting to leave by Christmas, believing he was leaving come the end of the season and barely performing.

etc etc

You’ve merged two seasons together.

Part of the “pushing for Europe” hype was down to David Brooks’ first season. The relegated season he was injured for its near entirety and has never looked the same player.

Part of the “pushing for Europe” hype was down to Ryan Fraser. The relegated season he was “not playing for the team”, putting in zero effort and most likely causing problems amongst the squad due to the consequences of those actions.

Part of the “pushing for Europe” hype was down to Joshua King. The relegated season he was having his head turned by Manchester United, wanting to leave by Christmas, believing he was leaving come the end of the season and barely performing.

etc etc
I was referring to our position in the league at Christmas compared to where we actually finished. You remember. We own the South Coast and all that.

;