Any one watch Middlesbrough v cheslsea

johnbob

Star Player
been watch a bit in the second half and brough need someone with pace as they forwards looks like they are running in treacle

These two - leg affairs are pretty damn boring...why oh why don't they do these Semi 's on a neutral venue as in the FA Cup...one game knockout job with extra time and pens ?

Good win for Boro.

Chelsea missed a few chances but they played well themselves.

Chelsea will need to be better at home now .

These two - leg affairs are pretty damn boring...why oh why don't they do these Semi 's on a neutral venue as in the FA Cup...one game knockout job with extra time and pens ?
Because then it would just be exactly the same as the fa cup only worse. Might as well just do away with it all together at that point.

Because then it would just be exactly the same as the fa cup only worse. Might as well just do away with it all together at that point.
I agree with doing away with the League Cup which has always been a bit Mickey Mouse....there was a time when some clubs didn't enter it !
Much of the time clubs are putting weakened teams out for it.
The FA Cup is far more interesting with the non - league clubs participating.

??? I am....hence precisely why I was banging on about it
There isn't much that matches the FA Cup for tradition !
FA cup and tradition....you must be joking .....weakened sides....cup draw when 6 or 7 ties still to be played......semi finals played at Wembley ...no where near the competition it once was...imo

Wembley for the semis is an absolute joke. Just say the two Manchester clubs got to the semis. Do you think it’s reasonable for them all to travel down to London?

I agree with doing away with the League Cup which has always been a bit Mickey Mouse....there was a time when some clubs didn't enter it !
Much of the time clubs are putting weakened teams out for it.
The FA Cup is far more interesting with the non - league clubs participating.
Manchester United were the first team to dismiss the league cup, apart from seasons where they had to win it as they couldn’t win the league or the FA Cup. It was always the fan’s cup. Tickets for the final were split between the two teams. The FA Cup final has always been more corporate.

Craig Burley just spent the best part of 20 minutes on ESPN FC excoriating Chelsea in the harshest terms you can say on TV. It was hilarious!

FA cup and tradition....you must be joking .....weakened sides....cup draw when 6 or 7 ties still to be played......semi finals played at Wembley ...no where near the competition it once was...imo
Agree..its moved far and away from it's original traditions....the modern game is all to f√ck..exactly the main reason why I'm such an annoying cnut on this Forum...I say main ...but at the least ...one of the reasons.

Craig Burley just spent the best part of 20 minutes on ESPN FC excoriating Chelsea in the harshest terms you can say on TV. It was hilarious!

I do like Craig's talks on ESPN.
When he did the review after Newcastle won at Sunderland, cracked me up he said you can pack the stadium, make it bit loud and hostile but then the game kicks off and the realization hits you - the other team are just better and you can't do anything about it.

;