Any truth to the rumors ..

Wouldn't surprise me if he was.

You would imagine that we have AT LEAST STARTED putting feelers out for an Iraola replacement, just in case we have to pull the trigger at some point.

From Rabbithutch's point of view, it would make also sense to pop along, get a feel for the club hierarchy and the quality of the squad, before declaring himself a candidate or ruling himself out.

He did ok up the road for a while, before the wheels fell off.
Perhaps he has learned from his previous mistakes and could do a decent job here with proper backing. Not the most depressing candidate IMO but it would certainly be an uneasy feeling getting the Scummer's "sloppy seconds" :eek:

Tumour on a Rumour

What about Pearson who has been sacked at Bristol.....and Yems as assistant !!!

If Iraola goes it will be Chaos.....so as I see it....a sensation is called for.

Go Nap is the Rap....to replace the poor Sap.

There will be many more impractical suggestions to top this one ....that my friends is set in stone !

Also Allardyce has made a comment:

“Bournemouth FC are a huge club and deserve to be in a better position. They have an extraordinarily talented squad thanks to the fantastic commitment and vision of their incredible owner Bill Foley, a squad with the potential to win European silverware. They really need a highly experienced manager with a credible track record at this stage.

I’m not interested in the job as I’m enjoying life, but of course if their brilliant owner thought that having a conversation with me, given all my experience of getting clubs out of relegation situations might be useful, well I’d be a fool to say no…not that I’m interested in a job there”

Last edited:
I am hoping Haslehuntl was there watching Burnley as Kompany's replacement. It would be disgusting inviting him to watch us when AI is still in charge.
It was so good to see the positivity amongst the players and AI after the game.
It was clear to see that Tavs, Scott and Semenyo are happy together. It was amazing to see Lloyd Kelly come over to the fans after the game and best of all I was delighted for AI.
AI needs the players on the pitch to deliver, at the same time he HAS TO PLAY SEMENYO EVERY GAME whilst he is on fire.
Our next 2 are free hits and we are 6 points behind where we should be after some poo performances. Minimum 3 points from our next 4 games for me.

Tumour on a Rumour

If Iraola goes it will be Chaos.....so as I see it....a sensation is called for.

There will be many more impractical suggestions to top this one ....that my friends is set in stone !

Heard Surridge back on loan in Jan?

And Jack Simpson training with us again, potentially?

... I just hope we don't look at the next few games and consider them do or die RE Iraola... Saturday gave us a tiny bit of breathing space but the pundits are once again circling, calling the bottom 4 teams the worst in recent PL history, however, these are seriously uneducated comments, as we all know...

In theory, out of the ten we've played, we've only really played 4 games where we'd realistically look to be getting points so early on... I actually only have us a few points behind where I would expect us to be and that is largely down to a last minute mistake/goal at Brentford and us having to play Wolves with ten men...

WHU (H) - D
Liverpool (A) - L
Spurs (H) - L
Brentford (A) - D
Chelsea (H) - L
BHA (A) - L
Arsenal (H) - L
Everton (A) - L
Wolves (H) - W
Burnley (H) - W

So at this stage I would have given us 8 points... It's been a bloody tough start to the season... with a new squad. I desperately want it to work for Iraola and I agree in that the board 100% should have a name lined up as a replacement should it not work out, but as has been said, I would hope said name was not known publicly and certainly that person was not invited to watch...

Let's see what we can do v Liverpool, damage limitation v City and for me, Newcastle is tough but winnable...

Last edited:
... I just hope we don't look at the next few games and consider them do or die RE Iraola... Saturday gave us a tiny bit of breathing space but the pundits are once again circling, calling the bottom 4 teams the worst in recent PL history, however, these are seriously uneducated comments, as we all know...

In theory, out of the ten we've played, we've only really played 4 games where we'd realistically look to be getting points so early on... I actually only have us a few points behind where I would expect us to be and that is largely down to a last minute mistake/goal at Brentford and us having to play Wolves with ten men...

WHU (H) - D
Liverpool (A) - L
Spurs (H) - L
Brentford (A) - D
Chelsea (H) - L
BHA (A) - L
Arsenal (H) - L
Everton (A) - L
Wolves (H) - W
Burnley (H) - W

So at this stage I would have given us 8 points... It's been a bloody tough start to the season... with a new squad. I desperately want it to work for Iraola and I agree in that the board 100% should have a name lined up as a replacement, should it not work out, but as has been said, I would hope however that was, it was not known publicly and certainly that person was not invited to watch...

Let's see what we can do v Liverpool, damage limitation v City and for me, Newcastle is tough but winnable...
Agree. Considering that we employed a new manager with a very specific style of play as a bit of a "project" for the future, that return is probably better than it could have been. It certainly isn't disastrous. We still have plenty of scope to improve significantly and I think we will. In this phase of the season it was important to keep our heads above water and not have our confidence completely destroyed. I'd say that we've just about managed that and hopefully we can use these next games to improve further and prepare for the games where we will need to collect plenty of points.

Before a ball had been kicked, I saw this as a season of two halves.
The first half would be about settling into the new system and the second half should be about pulling clear of the relegation zone.
I'm still hopeful that this will prove to be the case.

:utc:

Tumour on a Rumour

I’m sure there’s a gem of wisdom in those last two lines, but I’m b*ggered if I can find it.

The Burnley, Luton, Sheffield Utd gig / gag right from the beginning of the season and from many posters...
...is so so f√cking representative of Elitist Afcb Forum doctrine...it's bloody embarrassing how 'up ourselves' we've become.

The Burnley, Luton, Sheffield Utd gig / gag right from the beginning of the season and from many posters...
...is so so f√cking representative of Elitist Afcb Forum doctrine...it's bloody embarrassing how 'up ourselves' we've become.
So you dont think they are among the worst 4 or 5 teams in the league and ones we need to focus on being better than right now... Right now, I also include us in that 4 or 5...

I am hoping Haslehuntl was there watching Burnley as Kompany's replacement. It would be disgusting inviting him to watch us when AI is still in charge.
It was so good to see the positivity amongst the players and AI after the game.
It was clear to see that Tavs, Scott and Semenyo are happy together. It was amazing to see Lloyd Kelly come over to the fans after the game and best of all I was delighted for AI.
AI needs the players on the pitch to deliver, at the same time he HAS TO PLAY SEMENYO EVERY GAME whilst he is on fire.
Our next 2 are free hits and we are 6 points behind where we should be after some poo performances. Minimum 3 points from our next 4 games for me.
The fans backing for Ai was clear through the game too

Lloyd looked really pumped up / good to see

Forum not allowed to give predictions or opinions about who we think are going down then ?

;