Anybody watching the golf.

Was there in 2013 for the PGA event. Really nice place, rough was thick and it was very wet in the morning. Was in the crowd when Dufner sank his eagle on #2.

For today, obviously hoping for Conners (1) or Rory.

I do like Hovland, a nice player with a good attitude. Reminds me at times of Ernie Els, can be going along swimmingly and makes that one bad error in swing or judgement, and things fall apart. Heartbreaking if you are cheering for him.

Nice leaderboard, including Rose and that club pro Block. His only goal was to be the top club pro, which he will do. But, if he finishes top 4, he gets a trip to next year's Masters, which has to be beyond his craziest dreams. I hope he can pull it off, will need a special round tomorrow.

And of course, two LIV villains to add some extra spice. Yummy.

Man, was that one called, even reluctantly. Same as Connors the day before.

Unhappy to see a LIV guy win, but how about that tour pro, automatic entry into next year's PGA major.

Too late for me to stay up for fell asleep about 23:30, but Brooks was never going to let that slip after that Masters. If LIV suits anyone it's him, he never had any interest in any event other than majors anyway. On the other hand Cam Smith has now struggled in 2 majors since leaving regular, highly competitive golf. It'll be interesting to see what happens when all these players 4 year contracts come to an end in a few years time as to what they want to do and are allowed to do.

The course looked brutal. I'm a 9 handicap and reckon I'd be shooting about 120 around there. I've yet to break 100 at JGE in Tour condition with Sunday tees/pins in 3 attempts (hcap ranging from 8-13 in those 3 attempts).

Special mention for Michael Block, incredible that a guy who teaches golf 6 days a week can finish top 15. Slam dunking a hole in one in front of a huge crowd following Rory and the up and down on 18 to guarantee it was sublime. Exemption for next years tournament as well as one for next week in Texas too.

I thoroughly enjoyed the tournament. The conditions were tough but not so tough that good golf was also punished. I really wanted anyone-but-LIV but if anyone from LIV was going to win it, Brooks would get my vote. I really think he might try to bow out of his contract if it’s not iron-clad - he’s already hinted that he misses the guys and might’ve stayed if he had been healthy at the time. BUT like you said, it does suit him perfectly.

To me, Michael Block is the story of the tournament. That ace was unreal and watching him cry when they showed him a video of his friends at his club celebrating was perfect. I didn’t think he’d hold it together today while being paired with Rory.

I thoroughly enjoyed the tournament. The conditions were tough but not so tough that good golf was also punished. I really wanted anyone-but-LIV but if anyone from LIV was going to win it, Brooks would get my vote. I really think he might try to bow out of his contract if it’s not iron-clad - he’s already hinted that he misses the guys and might’ve stayed if he had been healthy at the time. BUT like you said, it does suit him perfectly.

To me, Michael Block is the story of the tournament. That ace was unreal and watching him cry when they showed him a video of his friends at his club celebrating was perfect. I didn’t think he’d hold it together today while being paired with Rory.

;