Anyone collect AFCB programmes?

Keeping programmes is a strange habit, you faithfully keep them for years somewhere not easily accessible for no real reason.

They have no value and you never look at them and are of little or no interest to anybody else..

But it's nice to know they're there.

Not unlike all those pictures on your phone (no not those pictures) that you've taken and will never look at again.

Funny things, people.

That said, the Ted/Margate programme has to be worth 50 quid of anybodies money.
Why dont you just say "For Sale..." ;-)

trentys "collection" is just the ones with bish (bash bosh) on the cover :love1:

trentys "collection" is just the ones with bish (bash bosh) on the cover :love1:
I've got about 8 boxes in my shed which says that ain't so. ;-)

I love programmes from the 60's/70's and of course our promotion season. Back then they were the only way you could read afcb related stuff.

Now its everywhere. I don't bother with programmes anymore, and might offload some recent ones to make space for gems of an earlier era.

And, as KBG might say, issues 1-50 of 'When Saturday Comes' has to be worth £500 of anyones money. ;-)

8 boxes in your shed that say it aint so........ and several issues in your bathroom that says otherwise!

Keeping programmes is a strange habit, you faithfully keep them for years somewhere not easily accessible for no real reason.

They have no value and you never look at them and are of little or no interest to anybody else..

But it's nice to know they're there..

I'm like that with books and CDs. I always think that one rainy afternoon I'll listen to them again, or re-read that book that I enjoyed many years ago.

But I never do.

At the same time, I can't bear the thought of getting rid. Just in case.

Sadly, I think it's a bloke thing. No woman I know can understand the appeal of a box full of ancient football programmes, or a shelf full of obscure old CDs and books.

I'm like that with books and CDs. I always think that one rainy afternoon I'll listen to them again, or re-read that book that I enjoyed many years ago.

But I never do.

At the same time, I can't bear the thought of getting rid. Just in case.

Sadly, I think it's a bloke thing. No woman I know can understand the appeal of a box full of ancient football programmes, or a shelf full of obscure old CDs and books.
What about a garage full of old dresses handbags and shoes.
They really should be delivered down to the charity shop.

Lot no. 5 Home programmes 1971-72 Season.

Already found a taker for most of this season’s home programmes. These are the few that remain.

Most in pretty good condition. Most have Football League Reviews. If there is a number after the match, there are 2 copies.

Shrewsbury (2), Blackburn, Torquay, Margate (FA Cup), Notts County.

These are the ones that look like this:

Man U prog.jpg

Last edited:
Lot no. 5 Home programmes 1971-72 Season.

Already found a taker for most of this season’s home programmes. These are the few that remain.

Most in pretty good condition. Most have Football League Reviews. If there is a number after the match, there are 2 copies.

Shrewsbury (2), Blackburn, Torquay, Margate (FA Cup), Notts County.

View attachment 4298
That Shrewsbury game was my second ever, and the season opener. I'd been bitten by the bug after the 4-0 V York and had become a little bit obsessed!

Lot no. 6 Home programmes 1972-73 Season.

Manchester Utd (Friendly – we will never play them again), Dundee Utd (2), Chesterfield, Halifax, Scunthorpe, Blackpool (Lge Cup), Southend (2), Port Vale, Shrewsbury, Tranmere, Plymouth, Rochdale, Cambridge Utd (FA Cup), Wrexham, Colchester (2) (FA Cup), Bristol Rovers (2), Brentford, York, Bolton, Watford, Blackburn.

Mna U 2.jpg

Last edited:
Lot no. 7 Home programmes 1973-74 Season.

Bristol Rovers (2), Bristol Rovers (Lge Cup), Chesterfield, Aldershot (2), Tranmere, Rochdale, Sheffield Wednesday (Lge Cup), Southport, Watford, Charlton, (2), Charlton (FA Cup), Cambridge, Huddersfield, Brighton (2), Walsall, Southend, Oldham, Shrewsbury, Hereford, Port Vale, Wolves, Plymouth, Grimsby.

Brissle prog.jpg

I was starting to think I'd imagined going to see West Ham in a pre-season friendly at Dean Court around 1970 so it's good to see it listed there. I'm sure Bobby Moore went over behind the goal to sign autographs. Anybody remember the score? I was only 9 at the time.

I was starting to think I'd imagined going to see West Ham in a pre-season friendly at Dean Court around 1970 so it's good to see it listed there. I'm sure Bobby Moore went over behind the goal to sign autographs. Anybody remember the score? I was only 9 at the time.

We did indeed play West Ham and they put out a strong first team including Moore, Brooking, Lampard, Hurst, Greaves. Absolutely no idea of the score, though.

Could it have been the first time that we played in Red and Black?

We did indeed play West Ham and they put out a strong first team including Moore, Brooking, Lampard, Hurst, Greaves. Absolutely no idea of the score, though.

Could it have been the first time that we played in Red and Black?

youth match between the two teams followed by a first team game?

;