Anyone else...?

EverHopeful

First Team
....dreading telling their kids the score this morning?

0-3 against a L1 side.

Tantrums, tears and many slammed doors expected (and that’s just me!).

Wish me luck. I’m going in...

...no need for me to tell anyone...my colleagues will lay into me all day!

aaah well could be worse...?

...no actually not a lot worse, even defeat on Saturday won't feel as bad as this IMO...

Aye I’m waiting for colleagues to suddenly discover their Lancastrian roots today. It ain’t gonna be pretty.

My colleagues will be pleased to see me as I persuaded them to lump cash on it....a double your odds introduction online bet getting 4-1.

My 7 year old didn't need telling, came down the stairs and said he's glad I didn't let him off school to come with me!!!

...great for the kids (the fans of the future) to be made aware taht The PL is all there is in today's professional football

My eleven year old was gutted, we were desperate to get tickets for the next round, home match vs W Ham would have been great..ah well, welcome to the wonderful world of football, get used to the heartbreak, son!

Not too many years ago, when we were in Leagues one/two, your children would probably have been asking for Manure/Arsenal/Chelsea shirts for Birthdays/Christmas.

Now we see children walking around town in our teams' shirts.

Be thankful, take a deep breath, and move on.

Really stan? I would have thought they wouldn't have mentioned it seeing as they got dicked by Forest in the same competition and then got turned over by little Bournemouth a week later.

As for my 12 year old this morning, well, nothing. The sad fact of modern day football is that he wants to see us in the Premier League and the FA Cup has yet to spark anything in him. I told him we could have both but when he watched the Millwall game on a link last year he correctly compared it to a reserve game and couldn't see any comparison or excitement in it.

Probably my fault as told him we wouldn't attending another FA Cup tie after Aston Villa.

Also looking at the attendances and empty seats at Brighton, Chelsea and Wigan recently it looks like most people consider it as another break in the fixture list. If the footballing authorities aren't careful it will end up like the Checkatrade Trophy.

....as it stands and until we return to League One...cup competitions are dead to me!

...I now care as much as Howe and the teams he puts out......zilch

red_house - 18/1/2018 14:59

Wow are some people just waking up to the fact Eddie doesn't give a rats about cup competitions?

The amount is diminishing every season! Next season it might even be free to get in.

...I will be looking forward to us playing in The PL next season and gloriously securing 17th place at least...

And 38 FA Cup finals Garbo!

I find it hard to understand that some of our support already find this league tedious. Remember, we used to finish 17th a lot in League 1 as well!
Some might say its hard understand how people like me can brush off the FA Cup but that has been done by the PL, the FA and by our manager as well.

...just feeling that " the promised land" is build on sand....yes I appreciate being in the country's highest league....but how long will the thrill of fighting to stay up season after season last?

..and no I didn't like being marooned at the foot of League Two and having only 14 players,not paying our debts and having to worry about being wound up by the taxman either!

...guess I am hard to please when it comes to AFCB...I dunno it is a hollow feeling at the moment?

:37:

...no it didn’t.....so that’s makes it alright to disregard the FA Cup then?

So Arsenal was our cup final...sorry didn’t realise!

;