Anyone see Chelsea?

I only saw the second half, They didn't look all that, but Newcastle had 11 men behind the ball for 95% of the time. I expect us to get the same number of points next week as Newcastle did today, but expect us not to play for a 0-0 right from the off

Watched the whole game, thought Benitez was wrong with his tactics at home with the Geordie fans behind them.

Chelsea were basically parked in the Newcastle half and just couldn’t get the final ball into the net against a packed Newcastle defence.

They got the penalty and then Newcastle had to change tactics to get a goal back. Chelsea were undone by Newcastle who got the equaliser.

Finally a Newcastle player helped the ball into his own net for the Chelsea winner.

I didn't watch it but did listen. The impression I got from that, and from what I've seen of them so far this season, is that we will struggle to stop them from scoring but they may be vulnerable at the back so we may as well roll the dice.

Sure, we may lose 3-0 or 4-0 but I think the chances of a rearguard action 0-0 are so slim that it's worth going for it. I don't mean completely gung-ho but at least with some genuine attacking intent.

Reactions: drd
I caught the second half. Newcastle parked the bus. We won’t and if we approach the game with a bit of gusto, we could sneak out of it with something. I’m hoping Lerma impresses on Tuesday because he could be custom made for the Chelsea game.

Jorginho looks a class act, alongside Kovacic and Kante I don’t think we’re going to face too many better midfields this season. That said, they did struggle to create anything clear cut. The way I look at it is that if they turn up, we’ll struggle to get anything. We need to be on our game regardless.

From what I saw on TV today, Chelsea have dodgy centre backs, an ineffective central striker and a goalkeeper who is as yet unproven in the Premier League. They have a fantastic centre midfield and are awesome on the flanks. They are also one of the big six so they also get the benefit of the doubt in most refereeing decisions.

I think they are potentially beatable if we defend narrow and transition forward exceptionally quickly, but it ain't going to be easy.

;