Anyone we know?

Buying tickets might be difficult for him - and I imagine they have photos of all banned fans in the police control room - and will be looking out for this charming soul. I imagine the penalties for breeching the banning order would be punitive?

17 years old, his parents must be well proud. Sad thing is they probably are.

That'll mess up his trips to Ibiza with the lads when he has to surrender his passport during England matches as well. Hopefully he learns and comes out better for it.

The penalty does seem a bit too lenient but at least someone has been pursued and convicted which sends out the right messages.

Also coverage in the press and on forums gets word around that this behavior will no longer be tolerated. Just a shame it was in the Daily Mail and not a reputable paper.

As pointed out, the fine is down to the ability to pay.
But he got to the ground, got a ticket, so £55 is a joke.

The penalty does seem a bit too lenient but at least someone has been pursued and convicted which sends out the right messages.

Also coverage in the press and on forums gets word around that this behavior will no longer be tolerated. Just a shame it was in the Daily Mail and not a reputable paper.

What or who is a reputable paper?

It's on the Guardian too.

What or who is a reputable paper?
I was joking mate ..... read all of it with a cynical mind and seasoned with a large pinch of sodium chloride crystals.

In medicine nothing gets credence until published in a respected peer reviewed journal. Unfortunately the press has a different modus operandi

As pointed out, the fine is down to the ability to pay.
But he got to the ground, got a ticket, so £55 is a joke.
How about some community service time on top of the fine.

Maybe something football related like a day coaching underprivileged kids / learning difficult children under the watchful eye / mentoring of one our black players.
A day spent with Nathan Ake or Callum might make him realise what wrong conclusions he is jumping too. At least this gets some good out of the situation and educates the idiot.

A 3 year ban seems lenient, some of us will know of person(s) given the same ban for much less. But given this one is 17, hopefully he'll have grown up by the time he returns (if he returns).

Regarding how it's policed, AFCB will know of this and will stop the individual's ability to buy tickets through official means. Doesn't stop attempts to get tickets unofficially I suppose, but if caught the ban can become lifetime.

Think it also means the individual has to give up their passport during international tournaments for the period of the ban.

;