Anyway of changing Brighton Junior Cherry ticket to my wife?

Jon1

New Signing
I think i probably know the answer is 'no'. but just in case....my son who has points and a ticket with me for Brighton in the Prem Friday night suddenly has a pressing engagement. I would love to treat my wife (a great fan but no points) for our wedding anniversary. Anyone know if the ticket office are likely to take pity and allow me to upgrade the ticket for her at the last minute? I know the cut off was 4 points. Thanks all.

Just wondering if there's any way to change my wife into Dita Von Teese ...... well, just for an evening perhaps.

:grin:

4FCB - 14/9/2017 06:42

Just wondering if there's any way to change my wife into Dita Von Teese ...... well, just for an evening perhaps.

:grin:

Sounds like an extract from a letter sent to Jim'll Fix It ? I wrote to ask if I could meet with Debbie Harry!

I believe it's possible to 'upgrade' a concession ticket to an adult ticket (and presumably pay the difference) as I've heard of it being done before, but you will have to run the gauntlet of calling the ticket office I'm sure!

If it's a family stand seat then would be problematic I believe . I have returned my ST seats before and club refused to sell them as individuals wanting them didn't have points ...so seats went empty!

You have come up with a question that I have been pondering since the turnstiles first became 'auto scan' at the Valencia friendly at the start of the season.
If you just scan the ticket at the turnstile and go in. Who knows if you are short/tall/male/female or for that matter young/old or a student?
Just a thought!

A human on the gate never stopped a female getting in with a male season ticket or vice versa whenever I've known it happen, I don't think they cared too much about that perhaps because it's adult=adult?

There's two different coloured lights above the turnstile steward side, one colour for adults and one for concessions which is the one that they watch for.

"My son must have my ticket he's with his father"

"Ok lady on you go"

Not rocket science, I doubt you'll even be pulled up.

When my son (11 years old) and I travel away, I always send him in first, he scans his ticket, there's a bleep or similar and a steward checks who's coming thru the turnstile. It's to do with the cheaper pricing not whether they're male or female.

I stood and watched tonight. You are right there is a green light and a red and green light to identify full price tickets and concessions. However there was no sign of a steward within fifteen meters of the inside of the gate so it made absolutely no difference what colours lit up.

;