Apoplectic Wolves fans

Lerma led with his elbow. It is deemed dangerous play. Most times that would be a red and I don't think he could complain if it was. Sure I saw blood on the player's face.

Fraser definitely dived as far as I'm concerned.

More importantly, no one has mentioned Solanke's chance where he was fouled, stayed on his feet, missed. Play wasn't pulled back for a penalty, but it should have been. Had he gone down it would have been a penalty. That was poor refereeing in my view.
Very fair comment about the Solanke chance Fritter....but we couldn't expect consistency could we ???

My last conversation with a Wolves fan.... we get loads of em down here when its half term at schoo!s ..he didnt think there was the remotest chance of more than about 10 of them disliking Afcb.....they are only interested in hating WBA mainly ...and Villa.....every other club is tolerated and once the games are over..its forgotten! We need to concern ourselves with Saints and Brighton... if we want any bovver!
But for me....I can only get steamed up with Man U and Leeds!

Mention Stoke and see what they say. I remember being at uni there when Wolves turned up in 92. Had to stay in the house LOL

reading on social media how throngs of watford fans are joining wolves fans in slagging us off but i'm stunned they seem to find a few decisions that went against them once or twice of much more importance than what those wolves fans did to nic cruwys, putting a watford fan (or anyone of course) in a coma is surely of greater concern or have they forgotten the story?

...ROger East has some previous with us, missing a clear pen at Stoke when Callum Wilson was cleaned out, after the game he admitted that he got it wrong to be fair!..roll on VAR eh and maybe retrospective action against blatant cheating?

I thought there was already scope to punish dives but unless you play for Carlisle there doesn’t seem to be much punishment!

I think Wee Man pen and Mepham non-pen the only completely wrong decisions. King's was a foul, as was the tackle by Smith. Wee man's was a blatant dive and Mepham was very, very lucky. On that basis I think we would be complaining if it was the other way around. Imagine if King had actually scored the second?!

I know it's hard to take off the rose tinted specs, but we really got the rub of the green on Saturday and we didn't make it count.
Sorry but Mephams is never a penalty as the ball glanced off his head onto his arm. That cannot be given as a penalty under FA guidelines to referees.

Sorry but Mephams is never a penalty as the ball glanced off his head onto his arm. That cannot be given as a penalty under FA guidelines to referees.

Agree.. it would have been very harsh. In any case what kind of advantage did he gain?

I remember Eddie conceding a penalty in a similar manner v Oldham in about 2006 and feeling pretty annoyed at that decision.

Having just caught up with match of the day I was right that there was a Wolves handball in the lead up to Mepham’s so if a penalty had been given it would have been doubly harsh.

reading on social media how throngs of watford fans are joining wolves fans in slagging us off but i'm stunned they seem to find a few decisions that went against them once or twice of much more importance than what those wolves fans did to nic cruwys, putting a watford fan (or anyone of course) in a coma is surely of greater concern or have they forgotten the story?

It is amazing that the two clubs we keep having major issues with are Watford and wolves. Coincidence? I don’t think so!

Having just caught up with match of the day I was right that there was a Wolves handball in the lead up to Mepham’s so if a penalty had been given it would have been doubly harsh.

Add in the fact Ibe got fouled by the Wolves player (which East also missed) just before this Mepham business too & wolves have got a case!!

I am still puzzled as how anyone can think Mepham was a penalty. As others have mentioned, the laws state about it having to be on purpose [ it wasn't ] and that if it glances from the head onto the arm, it also wouldn't be given. Mepham messed up his header away for sure but that was it.

Yes - and anyone remember why the Wolves fans were so riled that day? That ridiculous bit of cheating by Forestieri. So that poor bloke got pummelled on the way to the station as an indirect result.

At least the guy is back being a postie again, unlike the Cambridge fan who got beaten up at Southend and is housebound and needs to be cared for 24 hrs a day.

Hi

Hope you don’t mind this fat, 50 year old Apoplectic Wolves fan chipping in........I don’t go in for all this Twitter-aggression, just what is the point? So apologies tho I expect it’s water off a ducks back. Or water under a ducks bridge as my typically uneducated Wolverhampton mate said.

First of all, I thought it was an excellent hard fought match, and I was happy to get a point to be honest. Although good at passing the ball around, we often come unstuck against grafting teams like Huddersfield who thoroughly deserved to beat us last night. Add a bit of flair and no little skill into a team, then you will understand why most Wolves fans were very happy with an unlikely point.

I’ve no time for billy ******************************** type fans and our lot embarrass me at times, though we are not all like that. Any vague dislike of the Cherries seems to emanate from the meeting at Molineux a few years back, but some people just need to hate all the time.

The key decisions will be seen though old gold or cherry eyes, I fully understand that, but it was extremely tough for the refereee on The weekend.

THe first Cherries penalty was marginal and after watching it 20 times I still cannot tell if Moutinho got the ball first.

The disallowed JIminez goal has received little publicity in light of the penalties but I cannot see much contact there. Perhaps a slight shirt tug but it’s unclear.

The Wolves penalty was frustratingly for you nailed on, despite fluffing the shot you simply cannot go through a player like that. Anywhere else on the pitch it would be a free kick all day long and a second yellow card as well.

The Bournemouth handball I believe would have been given by most referees. Yes the rule emphasises “deliberately” but that really applies to shots from 2-3 metres away, not blatantly obvious handballs like that. Again there is no right or wrong but imagine how you would feel if it was a Wolves defender.

Moutinho elbow was probably just a yellow, I accept there was no intent, but he had stitches in his mouth afterwards so there was no play acting. We have all seen reds given.

There was a lunge on Neves but I accept it’s tough to tell if there was any contact.

The second Bournemouth penalty was clearly outside the box but having seen all the angles now I genuinely believe the Player purposely moved his ankle to the right to get the penalty. I wouldn’t expect the ref to have seen it. Do check the footage towards the end, you can see he moves his ankle onto Cavaleiro to create contact.

I guess it’s the accumulation of decisions rather than any one incident.

Anyway, I’m back in my glorious Wolverhampton council flat now. Vermin, drugs and chip- shops abound:)-.

Hi

Hope you don’t mind this fat, 50 year old Apoplectic Wolves fan chipping in........I don’t go in for all this Twitter-aggression, just what is the point? So apologies tho I expect it’s water off a ducks back. Or water under a ducks bridge as my typically uneducated Wolverhampton mate said.

First of all, I thought it was an excellent hard fought match, and I was happy to get a point to be honest. Although good at passing the ball around, we often come unstuck against grafting teams like Huddersfield who thoroughly deserved to beat us last night. Add a bit of flair and no little skill into a team, then you will understand why most Wolves fans were very happy with an unlikely point.

I’ve no time for billy ******** type fans and our lot embarrass me at times, though we are not all like that. Any vague dislike of the Cherries seems to emanate from the meeting at Molineux a few years back, but some people just need to hate all the time.

The key decisions will be seen though old gold or cherry eyes, I fully understand that, but it was extremely tough for the refereee on The weekend.

THe first Cherries penalty was marginal and after watching it 20 times I still cannot tell if Moutinho got the ball first.

The disallowed JIminez goal has received little publicity in light of the penalties but I cannot see much contact there. Perhaps a slight shirt tug but it’s unclear.

The Wolves penalty was frustratingly for you nailed on, despite fluffing the shot you simply cannot go through a player like that. Anywhere else on the pitch it would be a free kick all day long and a second yellow card as well.

The Bournemouth handball I believe would have been given by most referees. Yes the rule emphasises “deliberately” but that really applies to shots from 2-3 metres away, not blatantly obvious handballs like that. Again there is no right or wrong but imagine how you would feel if it was a Wolves defender.

Moutinho elbow was probably just a yellow, I accept there was no intent, but he had stitches in his mouth afterwards so there was no play acting. We have all seen reds given.

There was a lunge on Neves but I accept it’s tough to tell if there was any contact.

The second Bournemouth penalty was clearly outside the box but having seen all the angles now I genuinely believe the Player purposely moved his ankle to the right to get the penalty. I wouldn’t expect the ref to have seen it. Do check the footage towards the end, you can see he moves his ankle onto Cavaleiro to create contact.

Anyway, I’m back in my glorious Wolverhampton council flat now. Vermin, drugs and chip- shops abound:)-.

I don’t know why but I read your post in a Wolverhampton accent.

Hi

I’ve no time for billy ******** type fans and our lot embarrass me at times, though we are not all like that. Any vague dislike of the Cherries seems to emanate from the meeting at Molineux a few years back, but some people just need to hate all the time.

Hi there.

Fair response, I think - we all see things differently.

As regards the disallowed goal - the whistle had gone long before Jiminez put the ball in the net - I thought for offside.

Is your name a reference to the band Magazine? - if so, well played!!

King's is a penalty. Sorry, it's soft, but there you go.
The disallowed JIminez 'goal' was disallowed comfortably before it went in the net. Play including our defenders had stopped before the ball had even reached the 'goalscorer'. It wasn't for a foul, believe it was offside.
The Wolves penalty was a penalty.
The Mepham handball is a 50/50, it's not nailed on because it isn't deliberate, but you do see them given when the arm aids the defender clearing the ball (as it did in this case). We've had them go both ways.
Nevas embarrassed himself by rolling around after no contact was made, although an admittedly poor challenge. His play acting reaction was what riled us.
I was sure it was a free kick not a penalty for Fraser, was very surprised when the ref pointed to the spot, it looked a yard outside the box from where I was sat.

Wolves fans in the ground didn't help their cause by abusing the ref for every decision including perfectly non controversial ones, and calling for absolutely everything no matter how far fetched. So when something genuinely borderline occurred, the Wolves reaction was no different to something perfectly normal. When faced with a poor ref such as East who needs the help of reaction to gauge infringement, Wolves fans and players made a rod for their own back by going on like this. They are literally the boys who cry wolf.

Hope that helps
Nice to hear from a vaguely sensible Wolves fan.

Last edited:
Mention Stoke and see what they say. I remember being at uni there when Wolves turned up in 92. Had to stay in the house LOL
I was at Staffs Uni too. Every home game all our local pubs were shut – used to piss me off no end. Taking beer away from a student was cruel.

I don’t know why but I read your post in a Wolverhampton accent.
As lung as it ay a brummie one, i’ll Take that all day :)-
Hi there.

Fair response, I think - we all see things differently.

As regards the disallowed goal - the whistle had gone long before Jiminez put the ball in the net - I thought for offside.

Is your name a reference to the band Magazine? - if so, well played!!
yes mate, one of my favourite songs. Along with Clash, Jam, SLF, Ruts stuff etc.

I fully accept my interpretation of each incident is through biased Wolves eyes, with just a little impartiality chucked in.

I know that was a weakened Cherries team so we would really have struggled.

King's is a penalty. Sorry, it's soft, but there you go.
The disallowed JIminez 'goal' was disallowed comfortably before it went in the net. Play including our defenders had stopped before the ball had even reached the 'goalscorer'. It wasn't for a foul, believe it was offside.
The Wolves penalty was a penalty.
The Mepham handball is a 50/50, it's not nailed on because it isn't deliberate, but you do see them given when the arm aids the defender clearing the ball (as it did in this case). We've had them go both ways.
Nevas embarrassed himself by rolling around after no contact was made, although an admittedly poor challenge. His play acting reaction was what riled us.
I was sure it was a free kick not a penalty for Fraser, was very surprised when the ref pointed to the spot, it looked a yard outside the box from where I was sat.

Wolves fans in the ground didn't help their cause by abusing the ref for every decision including perfectly non controversial ones, and calling for absolutely everything no matter how far fetched. So when something genuinely borderline occurred, the Wolves reaction was no different to something perfectly normal. When faced with a poor ref such as East who needs the help of reaction to gauge infringement, Wolves fans and players made a rod for their own back by going on like this. They are literally the boys who cry wolf.

Hope that helps
Nice to hear from a vaguely sensible Wolves fan.
Can’t disagree with much of that mate, except not sure King’s was that clear.
Anyway, appreciate your response.

;