April's TV games?

I'm told by the premier League that April's TV fixtures will be announced mid March. I said that I thought there had to be 5 weeks notice. 'That's what I've been told'.

That's a crock of sh1t isn't it. How can tickets be sold if no one knows when games will be played?

I'd say that one of Villa or Arsenal will get through to the next stage and that will mean 17:30 on Saturday.
I'm unsure if Arsenal progress would actually change anything, as Champions League games are played on a Tuesday or Wednesday. Where if Villa progress they are scheduled to play Thursday 11th so the PL would change their Sat 13th fixture against Arsenal to the Sunday hence pushing our recently 'confirmed' Sunday back to the Sat but at 17:30 Very messy and fans actually wishing to attend are simply not considered.

Not sure why they didn’t just make that game a Sunday and yours the Saturday now ?
Agree. Really odd especially as Villa v arsenal more fits the super Sunday tag than us

Anyone know are sat 5.30 tv figures better than 4.30 Sunday on average ?

I’m looking a bit further ahead, ie to the Brighton match on April 27th: if that’s moved to 5.30 I’m fu**ed, as I’ve bought concert tickets for that evening.

The fixture changes are an even worse part of PL football than var as far as I’m concerned.

3 weeks and 5 days notice. All down to TV money. Many will struggle with dates and timings.

I agree with Forza, the late changes are the worst thing about the PL.

;