Arnaut Danjuma

We did well to keep him for a season post relegation.
Let's face it if he been fit enough to play just a handful of PL games, he'd have been high up on certain radars.

Of course we may well have stayed up had he played just a few games, but you get what I mean.

We were lucky to have him last season, maybe didn't make the most of having him, but the price was decent enough.

It was good recruitment from the club in the first place, let's give that credit.

We sold Danjuma far too cheap I thought, £21m. One of the most natural finishers I've seen at this club since Pitman and also talented and technical and could dig you out of a hole when the game is heading for a draw with pace and flare.
Before we signed him he had already scored in CL group stages for Brugge, his first season he was injured alot and we didn't see the best of him from the bench but he made the a notoriously hard league like the Championship look easy and at times it was like having a cheat code like Messi in the Championship it's just a shame that we couldn't see it in person.
He also missed nearly 3 months of last season which would've made his stats look even more impressive than 17 goals 8 assists.
I was pleased to see him score again in CL and then in the next game tear Man Utd defence apart at Old Trafford and get the assist. But yeah should've got at least £32m.

Bearing in mind Ollie Watkins went to Villa for just over 30 million, I think you;re right. Danjuma has more natural talent for sure.

Take a look at highest Championship transfer fees

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/transferrekorde/wettbewerb/GB2

Maybe Covid meant less clubs with same highs of disposable income as 2019, but I'm not sure thats the case at the levels that would have realistically been interested in signing him.

People on here suggested at the time he's worth 30 million plus and without knowing the ins and outs of football economy, who was interested etc, I thought they were right at the time and nothing has happened to suggest they were wrong since. T

The amount of times he bailed Tindall out, can only imagine how depressing and mediocre our results/displays would have been without him last year.

I can see the comparison with Messi (obviously not on same level of course!), in that defenders/managers know what he's going to do, but they still can;t stop him. A sign of a truly top notch player (at least relative to the level we were playing at).

Last edited:
Now, that is very good news indeed. I think it's a matter of when, not if, Danjuma moves to an elite European club.
Only thing that will stop him is his propensity to get injured. Missed a few games this season with injury and we know he was always prone to picking up a knock for us. Let’s hope it doesn’t put the big clubs off.

;