Aston Villa v AFC Bournemouth - Sunday 3 pm

billythekid

UTC Legend
Tough But Winnable Game

After a very good performance at home at Dean Court against Manchester United where AFCB deserved all three points, but had to settle for one in a game that ended on a controversial penalty decision which could have given our team all three points and the first double over United in this league. The Cherries next game is a tough away fixture against Aston Villa at Villa Park on Sunday at 3 pm. But we could return with the points.

The last time our side met Aston Villa was during the time our team had an unbeaten run of seven games, it included six wins and a draw. The draw was the third game of this run and Villa were the visitors to Dean Court. It looked as if the Cherries were going to win, but Ollie Watkins scored a 90th minute equaliser. After 14 games AFCB were in 16th position with 13 points and Villa in 4th place with 29 points.

Going into this game AFCB after 32 games are in 13th position on 42 points and Villa after 33 games in 4th with 63 points. Unai Emery’s side have already passed their 61 points total last season, when they finished 7th in the table. They are having their best season since coming back into the Premier League in 2019-20 season after being relegated in 2015-16, the first season the Cherries entered the Premier League.

Since our game against Aston Villa, at home they have beaten two of the title chasing sides Manchester City and Arsenal 1-0. Burnley 3-2, Nottingham Forest 4-2 and Wolves 2-0. They have drawn 1-1 with Sheffield United and 3-3 against Brentford. They have lost three games, 1-3 against Newcastle United, 1-2 against Manchester United and suffered their heaviest defeat at home against Spurs 0-4. Away from home they have W 5, D 2, L 2.

Our last visit to Villa Park was March last season where we lost 3-0. The goal scorers that day for Villa were Douglas Luiz, Jacob Ramsey and Emi Buendia.

In our away league games against Aston Villa, AFCB have W2, D1, L2.
All competitions, AFCB have W 5, D 2, L 5.

Aston Villa Team News
Douglas Luiz is suspended. Boubacar Kamara, Jacob Ramsey, Tyrone Mings, Emiliano Buendia have all been out with injuries.

Aston Villa Player To Watch
Ollie Watkins scored his 19th league goal of the season away against Arsenal. Had about three ‘sniffs’ of the goal, hit the inside of the post and scored an opportunist goal in his sides 0-2 win. Leading scorer for Villa with 19 goals and none from the penalty spot, also leads with 10 assists.

AFCB Team News
Luis Sinisterra who was a surprise return in our starting lineup against Manchester United after being out injured and not expected back so soon, had to come off with what looked like a return of the injury. Otherwise as known.

AFCB Player To Watch
Up front our main supplier of goals in the league has been Dominic Solanke with 17 goals, Antoine Semenyo is next with 7 and Justin Kluivert with 6. Lewis Cook and Ryan Christie will be important in winning midfield and our defence in keeping Ollie Watkins quiet and stopping the supply of opportunities to him.

The Referee
Tim Robinson will be in charge for the fourth game this season involving the Cherries. His previous three games were all against London clubs. Home against Spurs and Fulham and away against West Ham. So far in 27 games no red cards issued.

Villa are a team that we need to aspire to be.

Outside the big cnuts.

Hopeful, but see a 1 goal defeat here, unless Semenyo is back.

Otherwise we are weak on the flanks.

YEah they're a step or so ahead of Newcastle at present imo.

People talk about money we're spending. But Villa demonstrating sort of funds you need to be spending these days on players, to get club pushing at those levels in the league.

Hopefully they'll draft Gerrard back in for one game to manage them and give the boss a rest.

Similar to when Howe rejoined, when they replaced Gerrard, performances improved overnight. Another example of how important a decent/the right manager is. Difference in performance (with same players) was incredible.

Presumably you agree with my comment seeing that you have given it a thumbs up.

With the injuries and player unavailability we have it will be near on impossible to get anything away at Villa.
Delivery and content deserved it. Very well executed tbh.

Credit where credits due.

I'd suggest other posters could learn a lot from that tbh.

Presumably you agree with my comment seeing that you have given it a thumbs up.

With the injuries and player unavailability we have it will be near on impossible to get anything away at Villa.

I would be very happy with a point at Villa and it won't be a surprise if we lose, but it's not 'near on impossible' to get something is it. That's just hyperbole.

I bet that if you were a Palace fan, you'd have been predicting a 9 nil defeat away to Liverpool last weekend.

I would be very happy with a point at Villa and it won't be a surprise if we lose, but it's not 'near on impossible' to get something is it. That's just hyperbole.

I bet that if you were a Palace fan, you'd have been predicting a 9 nil defeat away to Liverpool last weekend.
It is a case of just facing reality. We have numerous players unavailable i.e. Mepham, Tavvernier, Sinnistera, Semenyo and Adams. We are also away to a side that is performing well. So, lets face it. It is a very tall order for us to get anything. You do not win football matches with key players missing especially away from home.

We then have to play Wolves a couple of days later. A game where we will be suffering from fatigue and tiredness, again, with the same players unavailable. This is another game where we will, more than likely, come unstuck for the same reasons.

Please try to face the reality of the situation.

Last edited:
It is a case of just facing reality. We have numerous players unavailable i.e. Mepham, Tavvernier, Sinnistera, Semenyo and Adams. We are also away to a side that is performing well. So, lets face it. It is a very tall order for us to get anything. You do not win football matches with key players missing especially away from home.

We then have to play Wolves a couple of days later. A game where we will be suffering from fatigue and tiredness, again, with the same players unavailable. This is another game where we will, more than likely, come unstuck for the same reasons.

Fuk knows how we've managed to get 42 points this season. Especially with the injuries to key players.

I'm thinking of doing a £10 win double.

13/4 at Villa
7/4 at Wolves

A tenner gives over £100 profit.

Do you think it's a good bet?

I'm thinking of doing a £10 win double.

13/4 at Villa
7/4 at Wolves

A tenner gives over £100 profit.

Do you think it's a good bet?
Short answer. No. One would be better off betting on us losing both games. Unfortunately, that is.

If we had our strongest team available I would bet on us drawing both of them.

Yes, but we have not always had key players unavailable. We have now!

Please try to engage brain.s

Thank you.
We have had injuries throughout the season. Scott, Adam's, Kelly, Kerkez, Aaron's, Sinistera have all been injured for sustained periods. I'll ignore Fredericks.
You engage brain knobhead.

Only two if those could be classed as key players Minty.... and Semenyo could well be fit.....anyway you need to relax a bit....this is a free hit.

Can’t tell you how nice it is to have Reality and Realism on ‘ignore’.
I gather from the responses, which I still see, that he is still posting his negative bóllocks. Finally had enough of it a few months ago and not being tempted to read his attention seeking bullshít is so good for the soul. I’d recommend it.

;