Aston Villa v AFC Bournemouth

It's true though, isn't it? Two golden opportunities, neither taken. A much as I like Solanke he's still not a PL striker.
Hes feeding off scraps and I'm not convinced Moore or Semenyo would improve the overall team.
This guy seems to get off on one even when we lose, he was critical of solanke last season.

his confidence is shot - i think he is our best player but he needs dropping for a couple of games to take the pressure off him - he will come back better for it

He had a couple of good instinctive shots early on with plenty of power but if he has time to think about it he just can't make up his mind. Maybe he'll be like Mitrovic and needs another couple of seasons to reach PL standard. Right now though my expectation that he'd get 10-12 for the season looks woefully optimistic.

He had a couple of good instinctive shots early on with plenty of power but if he has time to think about it he just can't make up his mind. Maybe he'll be like Mitrovic and needs another couple of seasons to reach PL standard. Right now though my expectation that he'd get 10-12 for the season looks woefully optimistic.

Sure looks like he will get that extra experience in the Championship next season ?

stinkers - Kelly, Smith, Lerma, Anthony
shockers! - Solanke
Decent - Senessi, Dango
Good - Rothwell
overall - utter :poop:

Went went from knocking on the door for an equaliser to picking the ball out of our net 2/3 times in ten minutes with one stupid tactical switch. As soon as Smith comes off for Brooks we couldn't get hold of the ball and had massive gaps all over the place. Possibly the worst tactical switch since Howe did something similar at Watford in our first championship season and we let in three in ten minutes.

Went went from knocking on the door for an equaliser to picking the ball out of our net 2/3 times in ten minutes with one stupid tactical switch. As soon as Smith comes off for Brooks we couldn't get hold of the ball and had massive gaps all over the place. Possibly the worst tactical switch since Howe did something similar at Watford in our first championship season and we let in three in ten minutes.
The right time to introduce Brooks is surely a home game when we are ahead or level. Bringing him on at 1-0 down away seems bizarre.

Yeah, that was messy. Good moments weren't good enough and all hell broke loose at the end. Two weeks off, probably not a bad thing.

Hes feeding off scraps and I'm not convinced Moore or Semenyo would improve the overall team.
I'd agree that the same system with Moore or Semenyo up front instead of Solanke wouldn't be any better but maybe play Solanke and Moore together? Something's got to change because it doesn't look like Solanke's going to get anywhere near double figures by himself.

The right time to introduce Brooks is surely a home game when we are ahead or level. Bringing him on at 1-0 down away seems bizarre.

Not even sure he was the issue other than it was accomodating him that made O'Neil switch formation. Terrible decision that cost us. That said O'Neil can't do much about Solanke fluffing his lines.

Still think Billing should of passed to the unmarked player on his right on the freekick , the goal keeper had the far post covered ,

;