Aston Villa v AFC Bournemouth

Any bona fide Cherries out there need a ticket, one of our group cant make it now.

Pick up in Birmingham tomorrow.

Send me a DM/PM if interested.

That's a shame because Villa Park is one of my favourite stadiums.

It seems the older stadiums with character are still the favourites with visiting fans.

When we got into the Premier League it seemed a novelty at first for our travelling fans, but the responses on this website since seem that a good number of them are soulless and have no real character.

Remember when we used to go to away matches back in the sixties how each ground was different, some with covered stands, others open to the elements, couldn’t beat standing on Brighton Beach End on a cold wet windy night. ;)

According to my Villa mate at work they are about to embark on an expansion of the stadium and therefore part of the wonderful facade there will be demolished….
So for you football historians going Saturday don’t forget your cameras …

I don't think there are any old facades left there are there? The one that's due to be redeveloped is the oldest and it looks like a 1970s office block from the outside.

Not seen a football ground with the railway line inside before, not the UK though.

Old scoreboard at Loftus Road, QPR 1 v 9 Burnley, some will remember the one at Brighton Beach End.

Change ends to get behind the goal at the Goldstone Ground to see your side attacking both halves.

Remember when we went to Northampton ground when it ws used for cricket.

Did they have benches down one side?

These pics may bring back memories for some.

https://www.footballsite.co.uk/DYK/DYK30-Grounds.htm

Last edited:
Good evening everybody. Just about recovered from the events of last Saturday, gutted I can’t be there tomorrow but have great faith that the Cherries present will get us a result. Will be thinking of those I usually see on the trains and (those on the rocket, play some ZZ Top) it always works out well

Last edited:

;