Average Away Day Attendance Championship

What I always notice is how old the home fans are compared with vibrant away following.

Seems daft that there's an entire generation of enthusiastic young fans - the future lifeblood of this club - being effectively excluded by our ridiculously small stadium.

Come on Max, just extend the Ted Mac by a few thousand as a bare minimum - please.

So the two automatically promoted clubs had a difference of 2 fans average away.

Poor from them tbh. Away games are much more accessible from London compared to Bournemouth and they couldn't take many. Boro very impressive given the distances involved. Blackburn and Hudds decent although there's some massive allocations in the north and none in the south with Reading and Fulham restricting allocations.

Cost of living squeeze impacts everything of course. Some would love to attend but simply can't afford to.

I reckon if you worked out the average cost of away travel we'd be top of the list along with Boro. Trains in particular are very expensive for a Bournemouth based supporter.

Compare us to Brighton, who also have to go through London to get pretty much anywhere. If you booked a return train ticket to London now from Bournemouth it would cost you a minimum of £50 but most are over £65.

Brighton to London is £13.70

I reckon if you worked out the average cost of away travel we'd be top of the list along with Boro. Trains in particular are very expensive for a Bournemouth based supporter.

Compare us to Brighton, who also have to go through London to get pretty much anywhere. If you booked a return train ticket to London now from Bournemouth it would cost you a minimum of £50 but most are over £65.

Brighton to London is

Most distance to travel (miles)
Plymouth Argyle: 9,925
Exeter City: 8,172
Sunderland: 7,989
Carlisle United: 7,756
Newcastle United: 7,229
Hartlepool United: 7,130
Middlesbrough: 6,973
Portsmouth: 6,855
Crawley Town: 6,780
Bournemouth : 6,697

I don't know how they calculated these figures but throughout the season I kept a record of miles travelled in the Riverside Rocket. I added 10 miles for each match, (round trip from home to D.C). We only missed Fulham away, I make it we travelled 8861 miles in the league and another 125 for Yeovil in the cup. I know there's a more direct route to Bristol, Cardiff and Swansea than the Rocket took but I don't think it equates to 2000+ miles : )

Different stats for the 92 club.

Which team's fans have to travel the furthest? Geography plays a massive part in how far fans have to travel, with the likes of Plymouth and Carlisle fans having to cover great distances to complete the 92 Club. Some fun facts for you:

• • To complete the 92, Plymouth Argyle fans have to travel almost 5,000 miles further than any other club
  • • Fans of Burton Albion travel the least - less than half as far as Plymouth fans
  • • The longest single away trip is Plymouth to Newcastle (and back again) - a total of 668 miles
  • • The closest grounds in the 92 Club are Anfield and Goodison Park, with just 0.6 miles separating the two
  • • Every away day is a long trip for Carlisle fans - their closest neighbour being Newcastle United, a 103-mile round trip
https://www.92club.co.uk/stats/miles

Plus from other post above.

https://fanbanter.co.uk/premier-league-and-efls-longest-away-day-distances-for-2021-22-revealed/

I don't know how they calculated these figures but throughout the season I kept a record of miles travelled in the Riverside Rocket. I added 10 miles for each match, (round trip from home to D.C). We only missed Fulham away, I make it we travelled 8861 miles in the league and another 125 for Yeovil in the cup. I know there's a more direct route to Bristol, Cardiff and Swansea than the Rocket took but I don't think it equates to 2000+ miles : )
Totally agree, their figures are way out. Your calc of 8861 looks very close to the mark. I reckon about 8,700 miles give or take a bit.

Different stats for the 92 club.

Which team's fans have to travel the furthest? Geography plays a massive part in how far fans have to travel, with the likes of Plymouth and Carlisle fans having to cover great distances to complete the 92 Club. Some fun facts for you:

• • To complete the 92, Plymouth Argyle fans have to travel almost 5,000 miles further than any other club
  • • Fans of Burton Albion travel the least - less than half as far as Plymouth fans
  • • The longest single away trip is Plymouth to Newcastle (and back again) - a total of 668 miles
  • • The closest grounds in the 92 Club are Anfield and Goodison Park, with just 0.6 miles separating the two
  • • Every away day is a long trip for Carlisle fans - their closest neighbour being Newcastle United, a 103-mile round trip
https://www.92club.co.uk/stats/miles
I would love to see a Plymouth fan only do 668 miles to get to Geordieland and back. Its more like an 800 mile round trip. Where do they get this stuff from ? Its a 720 mile round trip from Bournemouth.

;